Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intersting Business Opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intersting Business Opportunity

The BBQ Cleaner is a franchise operation. They set you up and you go around cleaning people's grills and smokers. This is not an endorsement. I know nothing about them. I just thought it was an interesting concept. https://www.thebbqcleaner.com

Well, even if we don't become a business, some of us may want to call them for some service.

Comment

Heck, I clean my grills about once a year and I'll be danged if I'm going to go clean a bunch of strangers grills!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        If someone would give me a couple hundred bucks to clean their grills, I'd call them a sucker, not a stranger!

But then, if I'm giving several hundred dollars to some guy to set me up, the shoe is on the other foot!

• Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m the once a year type, but my the racks in my kamado are this beautiful shiny black and nothing sticks to them. It’s like fine seasoning on cast iron. I’m not going to mess that up. Other than that in a kamado you just build a good fire and get it as hot as you dare. Burn it clean. No one is going to pay me to come set their cooker on fire!
        Last edited by Oak Smoke; April 19, 2022, 04:51 PM.

Something to consider when I retire, work tues, weds and thur, do two a day locally.
      Keep me in gas and beer.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep me in gas or beer.

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Just keep me in beer.....the beer will keep me in gas.

I’m going to pressure wash mine tomorrow. Anyone want to come by and take over? Give ya $5 bucks....ok make it $10 bucks

Comment

$10 plus mileage there and back I'm in

Comment

Given how people take care of and clean grills, I cant imagine the horror people would call to get cleaned. At some point replacement is much better than cleaning.

Comment

I kind of agree with Polarbear777 , at some point there is a point of diminishing returns and it is cheaper to replace.

I can see this being a thing for high end cookers, built ins, etc... for people who have the expendable and disposable income to have such things done for them.

Honestly if I was in an area where I thought this would make economic sense then I would give this some consideration. However we aren’t full of communities that I think would be the target demographic for this and the travel between locations in this rural area may make it cost prohibitive.
            Last edited by Nate; September 22, 2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Didn’t even know there was such a thing...
              So I did a quick search...and several popped up, including a few that also do repairs.

I guess it makes some sense, seeing as people call on things like mobile dog groomers & auto detailing. And pool guys have been a thing since forever.

Comment

I just did a search in SoCal, where I figured there would be a market for this - folks with more money than time. There are a good handful in Orange County alone. What I do see is that almost all of them combine the cleaning service with repairs, sales, and fire pits and such.

Interesting thought, but hard for me to see how I could make more at it than at my day job.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’ve seen a vehicle a few times in the FV Ralphs lot. Looks like you nailed that. It would appear more gas units and built in on the high end side rather that a Kamado or kettles etc..

I'd happily have someone who knows what they are doing clean my grills for me -- how much do they charge per cleaning?

Comment

The last thing I need is something else to clean. I can see the need though. For sure.

Comment

You're supposed to clean them?????

Comment

Mine has "self clean" , not mentioned in the manual but I figured out all I need to do is turn it on! Pass it on!

Comment

I just cleaned my Blaze for the first time since purchase in November 2019. I was surprised at how little there was to scrape up. It was easy to clean too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here