Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neighbor's Battle Over Couple's Backyard Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbor's Battle Over Couple's Backyard Pizza Oven

This brings up bad memories of when I dealt with a similar situation.
    Neighbor's Battle Over Cleveland Heights Couple's Backyard Pizza Oven Goes to Trial This Week — and Sets a Street on Edge

Sheesh get a life

Comment

That's. Terrible.

Comment

Sad indeed.

Comment

people are A-Holes

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Their lungs hurt tho

A few years ago my neighbor decided she did not like my fire pit. She said she likes her window open all the time even in the winter. I suggested she try closing when the wind was blowing the wrong direction but apparently she didn't like that idea and began calling the fire department. Eventually she decided BBQing bothered her too a called the FD about that as well. I must have had 7 or 8 late night visits.

It finally ended when I was cooking some chicken on my gas grill one evening. When the fire truck pulled up outside my neighbor from across the street, a vegetarian, took it upon himself to have a talk with them. He explained that I liked to BBQ and my neighbor was ridiculous and prone to overreacting. After that talk they went onto her property and called to me over the fence to ask if I was BBQing. I said yes and they said it smells great! And that was the last time I dealt with that BS.

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha! Smells great! Best two words you could have heard right there! I would have asked them over for a beer after that

I’m pulling for the pizza folks. Besides if you take the Mary off her name, we have the same name.

Comment

I lived in Cleveland Heights and adjoining East Cleveland for many years. Cleveland Heights is an interesting city. During the riots in the 60's part of Cleveland (Hough) and pretty much all of East Cleveland were devastate. Cleveland Height and Shaker Heights took strong action to try and prevent white flight and the downward spiral. Part of that was lots of cops and lots of inspectors. No overnight on-street parking! Anyway, it worked for decades, though perhaps not entirely.

Anyway, with all the cops and inspectors in Cleveland Heights, if the fire department and cops are OK with it is legal!

Years ago my brother used to have pizza parties much as described here. He'd make the dough and the sauce and provide basic cheese. Each friend would bring ingredients. IN turn each guest would make a pizza pie and then everyone would have a sample. One of these days I am going to make pizza in/on my BGE. If it comes out well I may make it a party theme.

Just my two cents!

Comment

a complaint from a neighbor two houses away……LOL
              countersue for harassment!

Comment

Great looking pizza shack.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_m1a3690-2.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	1369666

Comment

The neighbors really blew it. Instead of complaining they should have cozied up for some Za! Heck if I had a neighbor making wood fired pizza he would be my best friend! 🤣😬

Comment

• smokenoob
                    smokenoob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    if they were my neighbors I would install a door in the fence!

Originally posted by Jfrosty27 View Post
                  The neighbors really blew it. Instead of complaining they should have cozied up for some Za! Heck if I had a neighbor making wood fired pizza he would be my best friend! 🤣😬
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5402.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1369744 ...

Comment

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This photo just warms my heart. This is how all people should live.

Kathryn

• Oak Smoke
                    Oak Smoke commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If I had a close neighbor I would want one of those! As DaveD said earlier thats genius.

• Allon
                    Allon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agreed Kathryn.

Don't build your your walls higher...
                    Build your tables longer.

Reading this story made me physically ill. Can I sue them?

They should have fined him $5k the first time he unnecessarily called 911. That would have been the end of it.

Comment

16-17 years ago I guess it was I was in my driveway ( before I built my backyard cook shack) at 1am ThanksGiving morning with a couple kettles going smoking a turkey and a ham for one of the last big family meals we had….
                    anyway suddenly here comes the fire dept bells horns a blaring. Some idiot had called in a house fire!
                    The crew was awesome and I even made a pot of coffee ( I was drinking beer I believe) pulled out some lawn chairs and they sat and we chatted for 30 or so mins.
                    The Lt is now the Capt and a dear family friend! Ever time we get together we raise a glass to the idiot that brought us together.

Comment

Why would a chimney extension affect the quality of the pizza? I’m just asking. Because the issue isn’t the pizza, it’s the smoke. It seems like a problem that could be solved. Both sides have decided to dig in heels.

Comment

• Mosca
                        Mosca commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh, I agree. But we have all run into situations where both sides have a point. I wouldn’t want to be the judge on this one.

• SmokeyGator
                        SmokeyGator commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No. One side already revealed their cards with this statement:

"Regardless of the presence or absence of visible smoke, the oven releases noxious fumes and odors at all times it is being used and operated"

Admitting that their complaint is not about smoke. It is about the oven. Even if no smoke is visible, they still can't breathe. Oddly enough they can still complain. I guess you do not need to breathe to bitch? A chimney extension is falling for a trap. Installing one means you "agree".

• Allon
                        Allon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Don't send them the fire department...
                        Send them luggage!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here