Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dang it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang it!

I would just like to express my frustration over having discovered the kbq c-60. Now I want one really really bad. AND CHRISTMAS IS SO FAR AWAY!

I've got a rectec already and it's awesome, so my question is do you guys think a kbq would just be redundant?

Never redundant! Get it. Get something else later. Spring cookin is here!

Comment

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      hahaha, but see that's the reasoning I used when I bought my first Kamado 3 weeks ago. I got the evil eye when I mentioned it in association with father's day to my wife.

• SMOG MAN
      SMOG MAN commented
      Editing a comment
      I have them both, use them for different cooks, I think they complement each other nicely!

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      There JakeT, SMOG MAN just Put to rest all hesitations. NEXT!

I don’t own one but I’m sure you will get better smoke flavor from the KBQ then what you get with the RecTec (I do own a RecTec).

Comment

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, plus the whole aspect of using unaltered wood is pretty cool and novel.

A couple of things to bear in mind. You will need a source of wood. Living in NorCal shouldn't be a problem, check Craigslist for cords of oak or fruit wood. Hit up any orchards you may know of. You can always cut and split to size. The other is that the KBQ is live, open fire. You will have flame and sparks coming out of it. Make sure this is acceptable to family, neighbours, and an HOA if you have one. During extreme fire conditions you won't want to use it, you don't want to be THAT guy. Mine goes to bed in July and doesn't come back out until late September or October. Oh, and it is not 'set and forget', you will have to keep adding wood. However the open flame, especially at night, is relaxing to sit around and watch.

Comment

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      Really its the excessive amount of grills I have already. I think if I throw the weber kettle in the shed I can get away with it though.

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      JakeT By 'that guy' I meant the guy who starts a wildfire. On the KBQ is a warning not to use it during burn bans. Basically, if you wouldn't have a campfire, you shouldn't be using the KBQ.

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      I got ya, definitely a consideration after the Tubbs fire

Check out Seattle Craigs List. There's one for sale for $1000 that has some nice customizations, including mesh to keep the embers in the firebox. It looks a bit dirty/used, but stainless cleans up pretty nicely. If you're willing to make the trip, it's a good value.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice find!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here