Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two new smokers being built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey folks, thought I’d show some photos of my offset smokers. Here’s the first one. Wooden handles and thermometer is missing. Will be installed early next week.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9219870F-B42C-4E02-BEC6-7C7140A2A97C.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	925023

Click image for larger version  Name:	55E71F25-35EF-4575-B3F5-46AB0CC30CDE.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	4.08 MB ID:	925024

Click image for larger version  Name:	D971B231-A272-451B-A180-F28502BC918A.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.32 MB ID:	925025

Click image for larger version  Name:	C51BC598-2BFF-4D84-983B-7F10B163C448.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.45 MB ID:	925026

whaddayallthink? Fancy cooking in one?

I’m a fan of the no paint style. I coat them with a neutral oil (like peanut oil), then fire them up. The oil polymerizes and creates a protective layer. I like the raw metal style.

I'm gonna deliver 2 or 3 of these (depending on if I have time to finish the 3rd) to a bbq store here in Stockholm. They're gonna sell them. Good place to have them displayed in a professional store. I plan on selling some myself directly too => more money in my pocket
    Last edited by Henrik; October 17, 2020, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yer Rockin it, there, Hank!!!!

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mr B!

Lookin Good!

Comment

Very cool. That door is awesome man! Really like that.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I’m real happy with the design. And the hinges make it look sturdy.

Pretty sweet Henrik.
      Is that a water pan on the inside under the top shelf on the right?

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Good eye, yes. A so called GN 1/4 stainless steel pan. Common in professional kitchen counters.

Hank's Modern Smokers, Inc. I'd invest in that.

Comment

Those have the same look as Franklin's smokers and I really like it. Bare metal, show the welds, the "this is a serious tool, not a showpiece" thing.... that makes it a showpiece to people who really are into smoking.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad you’re noticing, those are my thoughts exactly.

oh yes!!

Comment

Awesome looking smoker, Henrik! I'm 7 hours into a brikset smoke and looking to expand my arsenol of grills/smokers. Offset is the way I'm leaning then saw your masterpiece. Can't wait to see it with a handle!

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Yup, offsets are gold. Takes a bit of time, and you need to baby sit it, but it's so worth it.

It would be great if you sold the specs for this on your website. I can't build it, but I know people who can and I'd love to have one. I'd have to change the door to "Dave's" and I'd be set as far as cookers go for a long time to come.

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great name! 😁

Very cool design and look. Great job! Any tuning plates across your cook chamber?

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! No, none.

Always impressed. Looking forward to seeing more and the finished product. Well done.

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here