Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Made Brick Smoker / Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Made Brick Smoker / Grill

If you like it, I will send you the contact info for the basic plans. It is not portable. It took me a month to build, but I have never worked with brick before. Granite top is recycled material from a kitchen. Fire box control is very basic. Two shelves in the smoker with a rebar for hanging sausage and brats. Arch was not as difficult as you might think. Mixing the concrete for an eight inch pad. . . by hand. . .was a bear! Great conversation piece that I believe will outlive me. PS: Not portable! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0471.JPG
Views:	24091
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	429719
    Attached Files

WOW!!!! That is beautiful. Great job. I’m glad I don’t have the space for one of those. Or you’d sending me the plans asap. 👍👍

ps. I love the Santa Maria.

Comment

Excellent job!

Comment

Sweet build!

Comment

Can't tell if your dog is impressed or not but, he should be!. That is amazing!
          Where did you get the grill?

Comment

Love it.

Comment

You sure it’s not poratable? I thought I saw room for some wheels. That by the way is classicly awesome! It looks like a masterpiece. Now , we do have to have pics of a cook. Everybody’s waiting. Good work man!

Comment

• Ennabe
              Ennabe commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks FireMan! I have cooked four pork butts on one smoke, and 12 racks of ribs on another. You have to lay low or people will ask you to cook for the masses. Amazingribs has some delicious ideas that hook others on their first bite. But hey, look at the grill I got. . . (smile).
              Now I'm thinking I should have doubled the smoker size! (Just kidding) This keeps it sane.

"It is not portable ...". Epic! ;-)

Comment

VERY nice!

Comment

Good Job! That looks great!

Comment

• Ennabe
                  Ennabe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Skip. I thought it looked like a good idea but had no idea it would take me nearly all of August to make it! No regrets.

With enough horsepower, anything is portable. Great build, and we do want pics of your first cook.

Comment

I'm certain you could make one of those portable, however you would need a Class A CDL to move it.....

Comment

• Ennabe
                    Ennabe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Another way is not to mortar the joints and reassemble!

That is spectacular!

Comment

• Ennabe
                    Ennabe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks 6th Borough BBQ. I grew up in one of the Boroughs, but never heard of the 6th. Hi!

Wow that's amazing! I've always wanted something like this and considered paying a mason to build me something because I am not what you would call a handy man.

Comment

• Ennabe
                    Ennabe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Frozen Smoke. Thanks!
                    You can youtube and learn anything.I never had lay brick before. Amateurs breaking block and brick, means it cost me a few extra blocks and bricks to get the hang of them breaking where I needed.
                    I didn't tell you there were days where I would get three rows of brick done, only to be dissatisfied and take two rows back down! I respect masons more.

Absolutely beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here