Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up a few new items for the next and future builds yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a few new items for the next and future builds yesterday.

Made a trip down the road pullin' the trailer... spent a while digging through some castoff equipment at a place that specializes in demo, but they have a lot of good usable stuff. Man, if I ever need giant 50,000 pound I-beams, I know where to go now. lol

Anyways, here's what my load looked like when I got home:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	55
Size:	959.4 KB
ID:	1567595

Views:	44
Size:	868.4 KB
ID:	1567596

Views:	44
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1567597

Views:	43
Size:	903.4 KB
ID:	1567598

Got some pieces I've been really struggling to find (in my budget!).

3-foot 24" pipe, .375wt - for a firebox for a 250g build
    6-foot 24" pipe, .375wt - for either fireboxes or maybe a cook chamber? Prolly fireboxes...
    ~10-foot 8" pipe, .500wt - for a stack for a 500 gallon build, maybe 2, I'll have plenty left. This is really too thick, a lot thicker than I really want for an exhaust, but holy cripes 8" is hard to find around here. So I took what I could get.

And a gas powered log splitter. Been wanting one for a while. This one was originally rated as a 20-ton. Hydraulic cylinder recently rebuilt and a brand new Honda engine. Works horizontally or vertically, so that's nice. Super excited about this!

Also, as you can see, picked up another tank. This one is an old air compressor and is a 120 gallon tank. I'm stoked, been looking around a long time for a 120- or 150-gallon tank to use for a medium-sized build I want to do. I've got a little trailer frame that was probably for a jet ski that is just a hair too small for a 250 gallon tank. This little 120 will make a super sweet setup on it, maybe use some of that 24" pipe for the firebox. Or I'll go back and get some 20", this guy had a number of pieces of 18", 20" and even a piece of 26" I saw. Pretty stoked, I've got a contact and a place to go for some of this stuff now... I've been looking around and not having a lot of luck up 'till now. So, having someone I can turn to looking at this stuff is HUGE. And if I ever decide to build a 1000 gallon, he's got a bunch of 10" and 12" I can get to use for an exhaust, so I'm stoked! Not that I have ANY plans to make something that big, EVER. lol

Really.

Seriously, I don't.

No, really.... honestly.

That will.keep you creative and busy. Great haul !

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here