Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Smoker Build Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First smoke test today... Just a few sausages to get a feel for fire management, heat retention, etc. So far, it has been pretty good....

10-15 degree temp variation across the cook chamber with awesome heat retention. Using some old (super dry) Arizona Oak so it burning super clean. Keeping temps of 260-300 for 4 hours now.

How does that sound?

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good, but it’d sound better with pics! 👍

• Greygoose
      Greygoose commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you built a winner !!!!

• DogFaced PonySoldier
      DogFaced PonySoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, 10-15ºF temp variation? That's awesome! Reverse flow FTW!

I didn't see any pics of the baffle or whatever you made on the inside or anything to make it a reverse flow?

Comment

Lighting is not terrific but I have two plates, not welded in that run across the bottom of the cook chamber to the bell on the other side. The thought was to be able to remove the plates for cleaning.
      Attached Files

Comment

Loving this thing! Pecan and oak for fuel. Figured I would add a few pictures of the fun.
        Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you smoke the pies a bit as well?

• lumbrjk
          lumbrjk commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually only smoke them. Put them in and take them to about 200+. They come out amazing! I cover the crust as it really gets smoky if I dont.

Great build. I went through and reviewed this yet again, it's amazing for me to look back at where I was 6-8 months ago when I first got into learning about this stuff. Now, I'm not old hat by any means, but I've learned a lot from watching all these builds, following people on FB and IG (I finally gave in and signed up for these both, JUST due to this hobby) and lately a couple of weekends working in person with guys like Frank Cox from Smokerbuilder.com.

It's a fun hobby!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here