Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member of the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member of the family

So, I stopped by a Walmart in a neighboring county and this guy follows me home (on my utility trailer ). I'll probably just keep him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200702_012259.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	873486

Congrats and wishing you guy's many successful cooks.
    That fellow followed because he knew he was being led to a good home. I vote smash burgers for first touchdown.
    Enjoy.

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      I have had one of the 17" tabletop versions for a few years now, and made some great Philly cheese steaks last week. But the obvious lack of space while cooking those for 5 people kind of made the boss okay with upgrading to the full-size griddle. Getting the deluxe model was my idea.

Congratulations! Gotta love a flattop!

Comment

Very nice! Congratulations.

Comment

Your addition looks great, but I get a little concerned when members of the Pit refer to inanimate objects as members of the family. LOL

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Says a guy who named himself after a piece of meat.

• Alabama Smoke
          Alabama Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          Ch Ching!! I think he got ya LA Pork Butt

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, that was funny.

Love it! Been cooking on flat tops for probably 7 years now. I fire ours up a min of 5x/week. Never gets old to me

Comment

Congrats. Lookin' forward to photos of the first feeding.

Comment

Looks good. I love cooking on my griddle.

Comment

Congrats and more pics!

Comment

Man, I've been lusting after one of those for about 3-4 years now. The Wife says we don't have enough room on the patio for another cooker.

One of these days I'll just come home with one and she'll be mad for a day. Well, not really mad, she'll just roll her eyes at me, since it'll likely come out of my 'play money'.

Comment

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ^ That's how I did it. I always say it's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. 😃

I was home alone and unsupervised for a few hours this morning, so I decided to try bacon, eggs and toast. I had a brain cramp from the get go and started out way too hot and I skipped even checking the temps with the IR thermometer. All in all, not a great maiden voyage, but I ate the evidence. You either succeed or you learn.

Comment

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ....mulligan....your allowed 1 every 9....

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, mine gets way too hot on medium. Been preheating a short time in medium heat, then down to low. And turning off the burner(s) at one end to have a cooler zone, and even then it’s pretty hot.

You will love that griddle with a bit of practice.

Comment

It cooks hot. I always have an off burner or two when not using all the real estate.

Congrats on this. You will love it. It’s just another cooker but she does run hot.

Comment

Love mine. So much fun.

Comment

I love my flattop, you’ll enjoy it. Use it far more than I would have thought.

Comment

• Steve R.
                        Steve R. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm sure I will. I even enjoy cleaning it up afterwards. That has to be a good sign, right?

• DavidEmpey
                        DavidEmpey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lol Steve R. You know, that’s true, I also enjoy cleaning it. Can’t say that for many things!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here