Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griddle Tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griddle Tops

I have a Blackstone 36" griddle that I will be parting with to make room for my new Napoleon Prestige Pro 500. I enjoy cooking on the griddle, but not as often as I originally thought. We use it for burgers, fried rice and breakfast burritos a couple of times a month.

So I want to add either a table top griddle or a griddle top for the Napoleon. Here are my thoughts and questions.

I really think I want stainless steel. In FL, even covered, rust is an issue with grills, so stainless seems like an alternative to the majority done in carbon to make it a bit easier. With that said, I am open to suggestions on the matter.

The Napoleon stainless griddle tops they have seem rather small and offer very little for the price, or am I crazy?

What are some other thoughts I should be thinking about before adding one?

If you are so inclined, a properly seasoned CI griddle should be OK. And if you plug "ss griddle top" into Amazon, you will get a ton of choices for stainless.

Comment

Before I picked up a blackstone I had a little griddle professional full size rhing. 25x16 inches with nice high side and back walls, with a deep grease pan. It’s a beast, with all sorts of cross bracing under the cook top to prevent warping. On my gasser if I used the griddle I took out the grates and placed the little griddle on the metal tents over the burners. I used it enough to decide I really wanted a blackstone 36, so I gave it to my dad. He also got a blackstone 36, but not because the little griddle is bad. It is just that after using it the natural evolution is "I would like a larger griddle".

Comment

I am looking for the same thing. Really looking at this:
        Griddle Master makes BBQ Griddle Plate or Teppanyaki Grill top, custom made for your grill. High quality BBQ Griddle Plate from BBQ Griddle Plate Supplier.

Custom built to your specs. Good videos of his product in use.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Glory View Post
          I am looking for the same thing. Really looking at this:
          Griddle Master makes BBQ Griddle Plate or Teppanyaki Grill top, custom made for your grill. High quality BBQ Griddle Plate from BBQ Griddle Plate Supplier.

Custom built to your specs. Good videos of his product in use.
          I have seen that one, but I do not think it is stainless, correct?

Comment

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            No not stainless. Need to keep it seasoned.

Originally posted by RonB View Post
          If you are so inclined, a properly seasoned CI griddle should be OK. And if you plug "ss griddle top" into Amazon, you will get a ton of choices for stainless.
          Yeah and the Blackstone we have had, has been okay. With that said, using a metal that should help rust erosion, can't be a bad idea, right?

Comment

• SmokeyGator
            SmokeyGator commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you had rust problems with your blackstone? So far mine has been fine. I keep it covered and under a structure on my patio. Also the seasoning adds a protective coating. Stainless is more durable, but that just means you can neglect it more and be fine.

• (Arrow)
            (Arrow) commented
            Editing a comment
            @SmokeyGator
            While its not been a big issue, it has happened. It stays under our covered patio as well. Seasoning and reseasoning after every use is something I would like to avoid time wise, but understand it. Stainless is what I shoot for in so many other things in FL, so I figured this would be a better option.

I have a CI griddle that works pretty well. It may be a lodge brand, I don’t remember. But it’s not the biggest th8ng, but for what you menti9ned cooking above, it works great. I can put 6 regular sized burgers on it if that helps you picture the size. It fits well on my gasser and fits the bill for when I want a cook top like that.

Comment

I have the same setup, a large cast iron griddle that fits my entire gasser cooktop. Quite frankly I don't really use it that much, grill grates are still my preferred method for grilling burgers and such so it's kind of redundant in that regard. One reason why I never ran out to buy a Blackstone back when it was all the rage last summer.

I really do like the looks of that custom stainless model that Old Glory eludes too, now that might be a viable option.

Comment

I'm looking at them to do teppenyaki steak, chicken, and shrimp and fried rice. Great for eggs and pancakes and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
                I have the same setup, a large cast iron griddle that fits my entire gasser cooktop. Quite frankly I don't really use it that much, grill grates are still my preferred method for grilling burgers and such so it's kind of redundant in that regard. One reason why I never ran out to buy a Blackstone back when it was all the rage last summer.

I really do like the looks of that custom stainless model that Old Glory eludes too, now that might be a viable option.
                I responded to him too, because I love the idea of the custom model, but I didnt see where it was stainless. Am I wrong there? If so, that could be the way I go.

Comment

• Old Glory
                  Old Glory commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I replied above. It is not stainless. I was quoted almost $600 for a stainless griddle top from another builder. Stainless steel is super expensive right now.

• (Arrow)
                  (Arrow) commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks @OldGlory

I have the Little Griddle series 25 and love it. Ordered from Home Depot, with free shipping. Not sure what you need for your grill, but they have a few sizes:

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here