Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Th Waitin Is th Hardest Part...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Th Waitin Is th Hardest Part...

Well, after much rumination, an procrastination, I finally decided to git me a flattop gas cooker, as mentioned, previous...
    Onliest thing is, it ain't gonna be delivered until Friday...

I also ordered some o th requisite things to go along with it, from other sources than F&S, due to considerable price differences, shippin costs, an arrival times.

Still gotta wait til Friday, but at least I gots me some accessories to play with, til then
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4992.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	496406 An th long vigil continues...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 7, 2018, 08:11 PM.

You're going to have some fun now Mr. Bones Friday will be here before you know it. Sounds like Saturday morning flat top breakfast!

Comment

WooHoo!!!
      Now, I can relive me some golden memories; cookin at Th Carriage Lamp Club, Don's Steak House, Sambo's, Country Kitchen, Village Inn, fer ~$1-$2/hr!!! :

Havin th Wheel stacked 3-5 deep with tickets, a restaurant fulla drunks what jus left th bars, etc.

(Decades later I landed cookin jobs with a more Princely wage of $6-$10/hr, feedin 1600-2500 mouths a shift.)

All kiddin aside, flattops is an indispensible tool to have, once ya have used em, sufficient, like.!

Comment

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        Speaking of golden memories, you haven't lived until you have a wheel full of tickets and a school bus pulls in.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        gcdmd LOL Heard dat; we usedta git th Greyhounds, durin th after 0200 Drunk Rush!
        Good Times, eh, Amigo!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 15, 2018, 08:50 PM.

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones Good times, true, but I don't want to repeat them. BTW, the founder of Sambo's was once a patient of mine, many years ago and after my short order cooking days (at least for pay) were over. He was very personable and easy going.
        Last edited by gcdmd; May 15, 2018, 09:46 PM.

Congrats! And thanks for the trip in the way back machine - I had completely forgotten about Sambo’s... wow.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        My Distinct Pleasure, Brother!
        Oh, I can go back further than alla that

Dose the new toy ever end enjoy

Comment

Your going to love it!!! I’ve had mine maybe a month or so and work hasn’t allowed me to cook much. The half dozen times I’ve used it I can see a bright future in our relationship...ha.
        Cingrats!!

Comment

Congrats Bones. Use the Crisbees well!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Spinaker, is Crisbees what ya did from first, or did ya use any flax oil, grapeseed, etc...?
            Thanks, Brother!
            I got Crisbees, Larbees, Flax oil, Shortenin, bacon grease on hand, at present!

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Bones, I always start with Flax. Then go on from there. Mr. Bones

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Spinaker ! That was my first intuition, as well...

Bones. No doubt you just hit the jackpot.
          Take your time seasoning her up and you’ll be golden. 👍👊💪👍

Comment

You're going to like that griddle. I'm sure of it. I used my poor man's griddle tonight for some fish tacos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180507_190610.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	496478

Comment

• allsid
              allsid commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing wrong with this setup Attjack !

Man I am jealous. Congratulations Bones, bet you will love that. I may have to make one appear some time over the summer.

Comment

Congratulations! The wait will be worth it.

Comment

Great pickup Bones! RIP Tom Petty!

Comment

Sometimes even express delivery ain't enough! Make sure and share pics of what your produc'n brother!!

Comment

Dang it, that MCS of mine is acting up again! We have one of those Fast Track It auction warehouses here in town that frequently has stuff like this. To make matters worse, a buddy of mine bought one of the stainless steel Blackstone models there awhile back for pennies on the dollar, and I can't stop looking at it.

Comment

Heck yeah! You'll love it!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here