Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two cookers, one Wellington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two cookers, one Wellington

I made a Wellington over the weekend and it was a two day process. First a big hunk of Montana Beef tenderloin was trimmed and seasoned.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8387.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	467245

Then I seared it on all sides on the Blackstone 22" griddle

Name:	IMG_8357.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	467246

Name:	IMG_8358.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	467247

Name:	IMG_8362.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	467248

I wrapped it tight and gave it an overnight in the fridge. The next day I hand chopped about 4 cups of mushrooms and sweated them down. Then deglazed with Pendelton whiskey.

Wrapped the beef in Prosciutto and the mushroom duxelle. Then another wrap with puff pastry and egg wash.

I cooked the hunk on the Traeger Timberline at about 425 until it hit 125F internal.

Name:	IMG_8454.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	467250

It was amazing to see the places where I slacked on the egg wash, really did not brown.

Here is my reveal:

Name:	IMG_8503.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	467249
    Took a little effort but was totally worth it!

Cheers- Paul

Beautiful!

Comment

Very, very nice!

Comment

that is really spectacular. those asparagus look awesome too. what are you drinking?

Comment

• allsid
          allsid commented
          Editing a comment
          Pendelton on the rocks. I think it is the Pendelton "midnight" version. Something about that whiskey and mushrooms is insanely good-

I hauled trailers to Montana from Spokane last December. I'm sorry now I didn't stop in at your house for lunch instead of Jasper's in St. Regis!

Comment

Now that's some good eats right there!

Comment

Lookin' good. Nothing like Montana beef. with enough time, one could make a from scratch wellington from all Montana products..

Montana Beef
            Rattlesnake Distillery Whiskey
            Wheat Montana Flour
            Handpicked Morels
            And the list goes on..

Looks delicious!

Comment

• Keltonfoss
              Keltonfoss commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately I don't get the chance to relax all that often during my business trips unless we are doing our quarterly store trips, which are by Jet. Here are a few from last spring though https://imgur.com/a/P8pzA

• allsid
              allsid commented
              Editing a comment
              Forgot to mention the use of Alpine Touch twice in this recipe Keltonfoss

• Keltonfoss
              Keltonfoss commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, they are right down the street Have you tried any of their other blends? I have their hickory blend, and while I dont use it if I am cooking on the GMG, It's wonderful when its -20 and you want that little bit of smokey flavor on something. allsid

Looks incredible. Lot more work than I am usually willing to do but sure worth it.

Comment

Looks wonderful

Comment

Yes! That looks awesome. That griddle is getting some serious work!

Comment

That is one spectacular cook Paul.....I love beef Wellington. Been on my to do list for a while now, may have just moved up closer to the top of the queue...... again well done !!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	george clapping.gif Views:	3 Size:	495.1 KB ID:	467341

Comment

Magnificent!

Oh, what is a head fire starter?

Comment

Great lookin' cook!

Comment

Nice method and result! I'm a big fan, but as you know, it's a bit labor-intensive so it only happens every couple of years.

Comment

Other then it seems like the guy is on crack, I think Gordon Ramsey's recipe is spot on and a must try.....

Beef Wellington

Comment

• allsid
                            allsid commented
                            Editing a comment
                            GR has a new restaurant in Vegas and I have seen the beef wellington posts in a bunch of groups I am in and on Instagram. Same amount of swearing, just my cook is less famous

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here