Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do You Place Your Slow N Sear in your Weber Performer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not know, I cook on a pellet grill, and I don't have that problem.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, but you got meat hangin out all over the place. 😳

Hokay, I'm underhanded, so I put the SnS directly over the ash sweeper & ash can handle side of the kettle. Then cover the rest of the charcoal grate with foil to catch drips from the cook. That allows air to come into the bottom vent, forcing it through the SnS and carrying the smoke over the cook as it exits the top vent, in the lid.

Comment

What's more, cooking @ 225Ëš I can get 8+ hours of cook time from one load of charcoal into the SnS. I'm using Kingsford Original briquets for long cooks, other charcoal choices may alter cook time per load of charcoal. I prefer using the SnS to using the Minion Method, etc, but in the end t's all food.

Comment

What if I don't have a performer?

Comment

• zinfella
          zinfella commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, but we don't have need for the 26" size, not to mention that
          if it wasn't a performer it wouldn't be mine at any size. Set in my ways, 'ya think? Yep, I am when it comes to kettles. YMMV
          Last edited by zinfella; January 28, 2021, 10:24 PM.

• Alabama Smoke
          Alabama Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          Well Huskee you can tell me where you believe it would work best for me. I have heard that you had to do with it's design. Curious as to that if you would care to comment.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Alabama Smoke I would just put it where it feel best to you, it doesn't matter a hillabeans where really. What does matter though, leave about 1" air space between it and the kettle wall, don't place it tight up to it. Use that air space as insulation. As to where I put mine: I'm right handed so I lift the lid with my left hand and run the tongs with my right. So I want the SnS on he left side so that when I lift the lid with my left, my rand hand can reach straight in tackle the meat.

When I had a performer and WSCGC, I placed my SnS on the far end of the bowl so I wouldn’t be reaching over it. The kettle at the hunting camp has the SnS on the lid holder side.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here