Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber v. SnS Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kinda partial to blue too.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      The Hell you say?

For the same price I would go with the Weber 26" and some firebricks or charcoal baskets. I have a SnS on my 22" kettle and it does all that's advertised, but I can get longer smoke times using a snake method, and there are less expensive ways to divide the kettle for 2-zone / high heat sear cooking. Maybe a PK grill if you want something with a "cool" factor.

Comment

I have the original SnS charcoal holder, which I like a lot. It has a grate bottom instead of no bottom which is a benefit if you save unburned charcoal. because you just pick it up. shake out the ash, then pour the unburned stuff into whatever you use to save it in. I can get an 8 hr + cook (subject to ambient temp & wind) on my decades old Weber Performer (they don't make this one anymore, which is too bad) at 225Ëš without adding more briquets.

I also have the original SnS model SS grate, which was a major PITA to use, because the flap door was not hinged to the grate, but was just held in place, when in the down position, by 2 open ended hooks. So, whenever you raised the flap door up it came unattached from the grate, which made for some fun when trying to re-attach the door over a 20 zillion degree fire! I wound up turning those hooks into hinges, a huge benefit!

I don't do any cold grate stuff. but I do occasionally have need to spin the grate. and it's easy to do with this design. However, if you want to be able to open and close the door, using this grate with the door over the SnS, this grate cuts down on your useable grill space, because of it's size. The standard Weber grates have smaller doors, thus more useable grill space, but the smaller size doesn't allow full access to the SnS.
      Last edited by zinfella; December 2, 2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here