Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kettle Usage by Left handed individual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pkadare this unit is most interesting. I like the lid hinge offsetting the lid toward the left back out of the way. I also like the 4 legs vs 3 legs. Since it's 22" I wonder if Weber and/or SnS accessories would fit it? Do you know about that? And thanks!

Edited to add: great news...there are 4 local locations (within 50 miles of me....two of which are within 10 miles of me)! I feel a visit coming on!
    Last edited by Alabama Smoke; September 23, 2020, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      No idea about Weber accessories but I do use an SnS 2 or Plus or whatever it is called these days in mine.

JGo37 here is the only recent photo I could find showing the lid of my Performer - even at this angle, I think you can see the 2007 version has a significant tilt to the right. On later models, the bail that holds the lid goes out a little bit farther, giving room for the lid to sit straight up.

Or maybe something is put together wrong on mine, but I don't think so - I actually replaced the two little plastic "roller" things on the bail a year or two back, as one of them had cracked.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2078.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.82 MB ID:	915274
    Last edited by jfmorris; September 23, 2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      JGo37 I would love it if mine would stand straight up.

If you go by the history here:

Those of us who have spent some time with a grill know that there is a constant need for a table close by.  Whether it’s staging food about to be cooked, a place for spices and condiments, or a surface to set down those perfectly cooked steaks right off the grill, a table is almost […]

Then the lid bail was extended by 2 inches in 2015, to allow better access. Mine is a 2007 model, using the 2005 design. I am tempted to order the lid bail for a 2015 or later Performer, and see if it fits.
      Last edited by jfmorris; September 23, 2020, 09:42 PM.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Never mind - can't find anyone selling the 2015 or newer lid bail. But I think I can use some coupling nuts and machine screws to make an extension on either side. But... then the holes might need to be closer together. Probably not worth the hassle.

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris The Blue Seville Chariot is a Masterpiece!

Alabama Smoke if you've ever looked at the SnS Kettle, I just spotted this in the SnS Facebook group.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lefthandedsns.png
Views:	149
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	915300

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      pkadare, thank you for pointing that out as I had not seen David Parrish 's response to my question of the SnS facebook page yet. Yep, I am the guy who asked him that question on FB this morning!

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      I kind of thought that was likely you but until now I only knew you as Alabama Smoke. Nice to meet you Tom!

Fellow lefty here. I have a 26" kettle. My wife found a marble slab counter top remnant we put on top of a metal table. I stick with that rather buying a performer. I can configure grill and table position as I wish and I save a few $ in the process.

My 14 year old son is a left handed golfer. He outgrew his clubs and is ready for standard men's clubs. Can't pass down dad's clubs to him...

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Reds Fan 5 I had the same problem years ago when my son (who is right handed) was ready for men's clubs. It's been a while as he is now 38, but I do remember. Hey, I happen to have a left handed set of Ping Eye's from some years ago. I played with them for years until I became a senior at which point the shafts became too stiff for me to flex them. I have irons and woods and If you are interested I will let you have them for him for a fair price. Let me know.

• Reds Fan 5
      Reds Fan 5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Alabama Smoke, thanks for the offer on the Pings. We are into a new set for him. I should have posted something about this earlier! Hope you are hitting them long and straight.

pkadare thanks for the friendship which I happily accept. Now what is your name? Possibly Paul?

Comment

I ordered my Lang left-handed. The PK360 works either way.

Comment

Another lefty here. I don't really have any advice.... I think my mind just adjusts without thinking about it. I've been pre-programmed LOL.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here