Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lavalock Gasket Burnout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lavalock Gasket Burnout

A couple years ago I installed a lavalock Nomex gasket on my 22" performer that over time and numerous high temp searing cooks in the SNS, has finally disintegrated the gasket in the area of the SNS. In hindsight I'm wondering if installing the gasket on the lid instead of the kettle rim would have been a better approach and / or if you guys might have a better solution.

Lid would probably be better. Better yet, you might want to address the underlying problem of why it's leaking air, most likely the lid and/or bowl is out of round. I test mine on a smooth concrete garage floor to check for wobbles. Just keep pressing opposite sides together until the wobble goes away. Performer bowl could be a challenge to do this way, obviously. But usually the lid is the problem anyway.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    Rubs Promo
    Meat-Up in Memphis