Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torn on what to buy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or buy the charcoal grill with Sns AND a fornetto basso 22 in WSM clone.

If you're posting here, you might as well lean into MCS. It's highly contagious

Comment

I definitely agree; go with th Perfomer first, along with SnS, an Vortex.

Easily th most versatile fer both grillin an smoking, an ya can easily feed 4-6 folks offa one.

I have me a few Webers here, one could safely say.

An, yup; fer $40 simoleans difference, I'd go ahead on, git me th definitely agree; go with th Perfomer first, along with SnS, an Vortex.Thumbs Up

Easily th most versatile fer both grillin an smoking, an ya can easily feed 4-6 folks offa one.Cool

I have me a few Webers here, one could safely say .

An, yup; fer 40 simoleons difference, I'd go ahead on, git me th gas lighter, if yer already at that point.
      Sláinte!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 9, 2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

What do you want to cook? The only issue with the 22” is cooking area. If you want to smoke 3 racks of ribs it’s possible but not easy.

If the focus is grilling, steaks etc. performer all the way.

if the focus is larger smokes, then the WSM or even the gravity.

I have a gravity 1050 and. I share of kettles and they both require a bit of practice. The kettle requires practice with charcoal management and vents and the gravity requires practice with wiring and electronics. :-)

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I do 3 all the time - I use a Weber rib rack, to stand them on edge, and flip them vertically about halfway through the cook. I've done 5 (the max the rack holds) but had to add time to the cook, as there was little to no airflow between slabs of ribs when the rack was full like that.

Awesome! I appreciate all of the help. I just ordered the performer, and the SnS. I will add the vortex shortly!

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
          LA Pork Butt commented
          Editing a comment
          It is always great to hear what folks decide after they ask for guidance. When they don’t let us know we always wonder. Thanks.

• Rod
          Rod commented
          Editing a comment
          Just remember, The Pit is here for any assistance you may need when you get that bad boy and start using it. Pretty much 24/7. Enjoy!

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          The Performer is the bomb, and my favorite grill. You will enjoy it!

I’d bump it to the 26 if it’s not to late. You will never regret the 26. Kettles rock. Maybe Mr. Bones has an extra one laying about you can test drive? 😃

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          HouseHomey MAS? more accessory syndrome? Kinda fits

• Gilmore
          Gilmore commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunately 26 seems to be sold out everywhere right now. Anyone know any insider info on a place to pick one up or when they'll be back in stock anywhere?

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve R. I ran the original SnS for a long time in the 26 for ribs and chicken. Loved the capacity for the mid length cook. Twice the cost though.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here