Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auber, Slow-n-Sear & Grommet on Weber Kettle. OUTSTANDING Update!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good, how long until you get an Auber on that PBC?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Debating on going opposite the intake, and setting up a 1" pipe, and forming a bracket to attach the fan to, that will fit on the end of the pipe. Maybe the next FULL brisket cook. Just to have the fan keep things at 250, especially since the cooking system is "metastable" (Blonder term), and some parameters change. (E.g. All dem briskets start sweatin' sooner or later).

Next question please!

Comment

I saw this grommet mod on the TVWBB site: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?19285

I bought the threaded pipe fitting and washers last week. Will be posting pics when I get a chance to do the mod

I plan on doing the mod for both WSM's and two of my kettles
    I got a new Maverick ET-732 yesterday. I am going to use it on my OTG and WSM. I did not want to run the probe wires through the lid. I took some ideas I've seen here, and on other forums, and came up with a plan. I cut a 3/4" long piece of 1/4" of electrical running thread (mainly used for lighting fixtures). It's 1/4" ID, and 1/2" OD. I got 2 locknuts and one pipe cap (plumbing) for it. http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/282/grommet011024.jpg On my 18 1/2" WSM, I drilled a 1/2" hole,

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      That is sweet. I used a cable grommet thingee on my offset. It is BIG, so I covered the hole with foil tape, and just poked the probes through.

Jerod, So how long was the cook time on the 1 1/2 inch steak and what internal temp.did you pull it off? Also the auber on the pbc.....very interesting.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Maybe an hour or so, I was freaking out how well the fan was working, and putting up shades in the kitchen, I wasn't really watching the time.

It was about 125. Closer to 130 will get you more wall-to-wall medium rare closer to 120 will get you a much better bark. I wasn't all that concerned about the bark because I forgot to pick up some butter to make clarified butter to coat the steak with, so I just patted it dry and got with it.

Thank you! What do you think of the SnS in the PBC? Either on the bottom or hanging from the rebar holes. And closing off the bottom of the SnS.? Am I overthinking?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Would NOT close off the bottom of the SnS. I would cover the other side of the grate. I really think that allows the Auber, or whatever, operate more efficiently, since the coals are on the other end in a kettle. In a PBC, I prefer to be cooking directly over coals.

On a PBC, I don't see a need for the fan, unless I have it LOADED down and I am bound to have a temp drop, especially when cooking over night. I plan to eventually install a 1" pipe on the opposite side of the vent, to attach to.
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; May 20, 2015, 08:42 AM.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm afraid you are overthinking Hank. For starters it won't fit in the PBC, and second there's really no need for it in the PBC, the SnS is designed to help a kettle become a good long-run smoker. The PBC already is that.

I am still waiting for someone to put an Auber on the PBC... just sayin'

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      I may have a brisket cook for June 15th
      Just sayin'....

• smarkley
      smarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      OK! We need a full report of course!

Jerod Broussard, Thanks a Million until better Paid! 🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑. Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here