Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Smokey Joe Silver (the baby Weber)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Smokey Joe Silver (the baby Weber)

Yesterday I tried an experiment on my baby Web. I was making turkey burgers for the family. (Take them babies to 163-165 NO higher, they're so juicy it's almost annoying, but delectable!)

Anyway, I lit 6 (six) K-ford blue bag coals, put them atop 6 unlit coals. The grill was up to temp (225+) w/in 20 min, and this was without waiting for the 6 lit coals to get fully grey. This was within 5 min after lighting.

Put the burgers on in 20 min, temp rose to about 285 for maybe 25 min, dropped to 239 after 40 or so, and stayed at 239 for 20min, then began dripping slowly. I got an hour and a half, more than enough time to reverse sear 4 decent sized turkey burgers...on a dozen coals.

I know, most of you are thinking "so? big deal." Well to me it is a very big deal since I use my offset firebox as a grill, and to do a round of reverse seared burgers it usually take 3/4 of a chimney (about 60-70 coals).

Savings here I come. Next on list is Weber 22.5" copper OTG. I'll now leave the Yoder to big cooks and smokes.

I just grilled some Talapia on my smokey joe gold.

They got a green and a red 22.5 at the local ACE. I am waiting for a Labor Day Sale.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Which of those colors are you wanting? Good idea for the Labor Day sales, I wonder if Amazon will do that...

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Could careless. If they get gone a blackie from wolly world will be fine.

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Theres alway good webers floating around CL (see abbreviation board) if you can hit it right,

I take one of those to the Chiefs games, 20 coals or so cooks brats and burgers for quite a while. Efficient little suckers.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't realize you were a Chiefs fan, you hide it well (buddum tissss)

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      hahahahahahaha, good thing you will be here all week....

The 7 o'clock show is exactly the same as the 5!

Comment

At least I'll have you guys cheering me on....I wont quit my day job don't worry.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here