Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Jumbo Joe Cooking Grate Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Jumbo Joe Cooking Grate Upgrade

Hey, everyone. I've recently added the Weber Jumbo Joe to my grill collection and want to upgrade the cooking grate from the standard grate it ships with. I'm aware of the Killa Grilla heavy-duty stainless grates along with the Craycort cast iron grate. The Killa Grilla grates look awesome, and to be honest, I'm not sure I'd be interested in the Craycort CI due to the extra care and maintenance required.

I wanted to ask, are there any other options out there for cooking grate upgrades for the Weber Jumbo Joe? Pros and cons? Curious if I'm missing any other products out there.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Onez; January 13, 2020, 10:20 AM.

I would imagine Grill Grates has one to fit. https://www.grillgrate.com/grillgrat...-weber-kettle/

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Only problem with Grillgrates on a charcoal grill is that you still would need the original nickel plated steel grates (which will rust over time) to support them

I vote for the the stainless grate, but personally would not bother until its time to replace the plated steel ones that came with the grill. Get Grillgrates like HawkerXP suggests, which should help with being able to grill on the entire surface of the cooking grate without a 2 zone setup. That is why I use them on my Performer 22.5" - I can direct grill without a 2 zone setup only when using Grillgrates.

Comment

Ahh, yes HawkerXP and jfmorris . Thanks for the suggestion(s)! I should have mentioned in my original post; although I do own GrillGrates for my other grills, I'm leaning towards the more traditional cooking grid replacement for the Jumbo Joe.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        then SS is the way to go.

Update: The Killa Grilla SS cooking grate arrived today. It's a beautiful piece of work!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here