Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokenator & Rib rack thermometer placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokenator & Rib rack thermometer placement

Okay... one problem I ran into yesterday was that with a rack of ribs in the grill on top... there was no good place to put the thermometer probe. Where do you attach the probe when your weber kettle is full of ribs with a 5 rib rack?

Ideally I like to be in between the heat source and the meat, and not too close (less than 2") to either of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
      Ideally I like to be in between the heat source and the meat, and not too close (less than 2") to either of those.

That's the problem though... with a full rib rack it gets tight in there. I'll play around with other options.

I was thinking of attaching it underneath the grilling surface under the ribs.

Comment

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        "I was thinking of attaching it underneath the grilling surface under the ribs."

Yes. If you have a strong magnet you can affix the probe to the side of the kettle a couple of inches below the grate. This should provide a pretty accurate temp reading.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here