Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feelin' Fancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feelin' Fancy

I just received an order for my 26" kettle. It will not improve my ability to cook food, maintain temperature, or give me more efficiency. It was a total impulse buy that serves no purpose other than being slightly nicer to look at. Some would even say it's downright hoity-toity, and I'd struggle to disagree. I'm still excited to put them on, though.

P.S. I went to Costco to get some charcoal so I can cook after I mount these handles and they were all out. A Traeger sales rep was there staging a promotion, and the Costco employee who supervises the check lanes told me their store lets their charcoal stock run low before Traeger promos to encourage Traeger sales and free up floor space for all the cookers and pellets. I think he's full of it, but it was an interesting interaction.
    Attached Files

I can sense you are cooking better already!

Comment

Beautiful handles, Brother!

Yer 26.75" is gonna be feelin all kinda "Duded Up", now...

Mind sharin a link with us all?

(An, of course, some installed pics lol!)

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Never mind; opened yer pic up, and found my answer...

• jhapka
        jhapka commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the place Bones. Maybe little spendy, but it's well-crafted. Couldn't convince myself to get an engraving.

I think that checkout dude has a creative mind. That would be the dumbest marketing ploy a large retail store could make. Lookin forward to the 26.

Comment

• jhapka
        jhapka commented
        Editing a comment
        He was a bit of an eccentric. Still a fun conversation about Costco Conspiracy.

Those look great! Now you can tell CandySueQ that you are using Black Walnut every time you use that grill! That is black walnut, isn't it? Oh well, if not black walnut it definitely is walnut and has black as part of the colors, so I guess that would count. LOL!

Comment

Someone also sells wooden handles on the http://weberkettleclub.com/weber-handles/

Comment

Nice! I thought about getting some custom handles for my kamados too. Everyone loves a good mod project!

Comment

Before 'n' after. Excuse the blinding desert sun and dust everywhere. Snazzy
            Attached Files

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, it sure looks a lot better, so I think it was worth it.

• holehogg
              holehogg commented
              Editing a comment
              I can handle that. Looking good.

Very nice! Dust can make for a good sunset, just a hint! ;-)

Comment

Nice! You will love it. I too got some custom handles for my kettles a couple years ago.

Comment

Pimping your ride! Very nice addition.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here