Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kettle Ordered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kettle Ordered!

Went to ACE and ordered the Weber 22' Master - Touch Kettle with cover and Chimney. They have them in the warehouse and only get deliveries on Friday. So the wait is on. They'll put it together and deliver. Another reason I prefer local businesses. I bought my Genesis II and I'm a regular when I need something.

The Weber 22" Master-Touch charcoal grill includes upgrades to the classic kettle, like the plated steel Gourmet BBQ System hinged cooking grate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	14501001AC_REV.png?fit=fill&h=950&w=1000&trim=color&trimtol=10&bg=0FFF&pad=50.png
Views:	226
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	667542

Add the sns, and you have the perfect combo. Of course, I am a little biased, been using kettles for most of my adult life.

Comment

SnS is next to be ordered.

Comment

Mondo Kewl, Amigo!

Looks like they now come with an additional top shelf/grill... very nice feature, outta th box, imce...

I'm lookin forward to yer adventures to come.

If I can ever be of any assistance, well right here's good,(~slowish) or PM (~faster, by comparison)...

Comment

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you sir, i will need guidance and coaching.

I want one. Haven’t got one yet because I ha s a Primo XL and I found a cheaper kettle on the side of the road. But as much as I like my Primo sometimes I just want a fast direct heat cook. Or I wish I had just a little more space. Or I want to grill something while doing a long low and slow.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          I use my kettle about 4:1 over my BGE. With the S&S it becomes a ridiculously efficient way to do a couple burgers or dogs or steaks; you can get away with using 25-30 briquettes. Add a rotisserie and you get whole chickens and roasts.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I still like my kettles for many types if cooks.

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s hard to beat a kettle for fast cooks. Easy to clean etc.

You will definitely be happy with the purchase and will be better with the SnS. Congrats!

Comment

Nice! Congrats on what is arguably the best all around charcoal grilling on the planet

Comment

Congrats! They work as advertised.

Comment

Everthang they’all said and keep the hub caps clean.

Comment

Congrats. You will love the kettle.

Comment

Congrats! That is a great cooker.

Comment

Thanks for the support. I'm sure I'll be reaching out to you for advise So I'll start now I did not ask for charcoal. So for starters as a newbie, suggestions please. When I have (soon) the SnS chunks versas chips or any other ideas.

Thanks

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Charcoal? I've used KBB fer a very long time, bout 90~% of th time.
                      I also use Kingston Apple, Hickory, or Mesquite in some cooks...esp in any of my SJS cooks...
                      Ain't never been disappointed with Royal Oak, briqs, neither...

Kettle wood? Well, I always use chunks, with good success.

Chips, I'd think they'd be gone in a comparative puffa smoke, requirin way more foolin with my fire / openin my cooker.
                      Not my idea of a fun cook.
                      Others might have spectacular results with chips, I dunno.

• Buck Flicks
                      Buck Flicks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I like KBB because you know what you're going to get, but lately I've been enjoying Weber charcoal briqs, they seem to make things a little easier on long cooks. It's just difficult to find them. I almost never see them at Home Depot or Loew's.

The SnS is a game changer.

KBB all the way. Count yourself 80 coals with some chunkage and enjoy the ribs! Bonsey still preaching.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It is, in my experience...

Gots me 4 SnS V1.0's, an an XL fer my 26.75"

Charcoal basket fer my 18.5", an Jumbo Joe, as well.

Originally posted by RichieB View Post
                    Thanks for the support. I'm sure I'll be reaching out to you for advise So I'll start now I did not ask for charcoal. So for starters as a newbie, suggestions please. When I have (soon) the SnS chunks versas chips or any other ideas.

Thanks

I’ve used KBB, KBB long-burning, KBB extra hot, and Stubbs.

KBB is the standard. Some folks have claimed they can taste a chemical flavor with it.

On the one hand, I’ve noticed that flavor when I haven’t let the coals ash over enough before dumping the chimney; but if I let the chimney get good and gray then I get good clean heat. On the other hand, the other charcoal I’ve tried, Stubbs, has never had a chemical flavor, ever.

Now, I don’t pay any attention. As long as I make sure that the coals are completely ashed over before I start cooking, they all seem about the same. I mix them up (not on purpose, I just empty the bags into the storage bins without regard to what is already in there) and use them all indiscriminately as "charcoal". I’ve been doing that for a couple years now and haven’t looked back.

Comment

• Buck Flicks
                      Buck Flicks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Heh.. kind of like a charcoal infinity bottle (referencing a thread in the Beverages/Spirits section.)

Thanks Mosca Been looking around at the KBB you mentioned. I like the description of the Stubbs. Can't find it anywhere including Amazon. What's your source for it? Big Boxes and locals no luck. In my search i saw someone asked if it was discontinued. Thanks again.

Comment

• Mosca
                      Mosca commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Haven’t seen Stubbs for a couple seasons, it might very well be disco. And it’s not really a chemical flavor with KBB, it’s more of a whiff. I use KBB confidently.

• Polarbear777
                      Polarbear777 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pretty sure Stubbs is gone. Sad, it was my favorite for low ash, which helps greatly in my set up in the pk360.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here