Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Smoke on the new Weber Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3:30 into the cook. I have to tweak the vents several times an hour so it's not set and forget, but the temp reacts as expected to vent movement so it's not terribly difficult to hold a temp. The bi-metal thermometer is reading 290F, so it's a good thing I'm not using it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6065.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	47268

Comment

Here's a pic of tonight's supper 4 hours into the cook. They aren't passing the bend test. I'm guessing another hour on the low and slow, then they'll be ready for sauce.

Name:	IMG_6066.JPG
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	47273

Comment

4:45 into the cook and temps had dropped to 207F despite wide open vents. I opened her up, added coal, rotated the ribs (they failed the bend test again) and closed her back up. Temps are climbing back up to 225F rather slowly. The Mav is reading 187F after 10 minutes.

Comment

Copper looks good at sunset.

Comment

• W.A.
            W.A. commented
            Editing a comment
            Sunsetting...start another half chimney. Happened to me last night when temps plummeted.

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            WA were like minded. I fired her up good! Letting temps clim a little to try and get done sooner. 240 right now.

Geez that Vortex looks huge in that 18.5/18

Comment

It is. I think small kettles need not apply when it comes to the medium Vortex.

Comment

The tailgate table is the best!

Comment

Can't beat it because it's always right where you want it!

Comment

The copper is pretty PB, I'm glad that I listen to the wife when I bought the Weber gasser and got the copper. Also those tailgates makes dang good tables

Comment

Final results. I sauced with Sweet Baby Ray's and let that set in the kettle for 30 minutes. Ribs were textbook awesome. I had a family of happy campers!

Name:	IMG_6072.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	47439

Name:	IMG_6074.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	47444

Name:	IMG_6075.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	47438

Name:	IMG_6077.JPG
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	47442

Name:	IMG_6081.JPG
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	47443

Name:	IMG_6087.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	47441

Attached Files

Comment

You are the cook.

Comment

Looks awesome Pit Boss as usual!!

Comment

They look delicious! Ok, ribs have to be what I cook next when I'm home from vacation..never cooked them before. My mouth is watering.

Comment

Fantastic cook PB

Comment

Dave you carved some mean ribs. They looked super terrible!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here