Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return of the Big Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return of the Big Kettle

I’ve had the 26.75” kettle at my parents place collecting dust other than maybe twice a year. My trusty PBC rusted through (my fault probably). Big kettle’s back in the lineup.

It had some nasty mold inside so I blazed it out and I have the FireBoard drive on autopilot to finish a SVQ Click chuck roast.
    Attached Files

All hail the Weber Kettle!

Comment

Nice! Always great to have a Kettle on the deck. And that 26.7" is a great rig for sure.

Comment

I recently reacquainted myself with mine as well. I had been spending a lot of time with the red head. I didn't realize how much we missed each other.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221008_191716~2.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1321715

Comment

Its taken me 18 months but I am ready to commit to the 26 after decades of 22 use. Now don’t get me wrong Ill always have a 22 or 3 layin around just in case but the 26 has proven itself to be an incredibly versatile daily driver.
          Ive added the SNS and Vortex and have dedicated grates for each inbound. Im still hunting for my first rotisserie but finding a 26 sample has proven problematic so that might just be a 22 tool along with a griddle.

Comment

• bardsleyque
            bardsleyque commented
            Editing a comment
            I wanted a rotisserie for my 26 but they're always out of stock.
            Got one for the 22, i love it!

jhapka

Got a link for those awesome wood handles!

Comment

• jhapka
            jhapka commented
            Editing a comment
            CHNeal http://www.amlwoodart.com/ I found this on Weber kettle forums but it appears to be out of service

• jhapka
            jhapka commented
            Editing a comment
            CHNeal you know what I wouldn’t recommend trying the link at first it wasn’t doing anything now it’s redirecting to a sketchy site. Sorry it used to link Marty Leach’s site for grill handles now it’s defunct

• Smoked Transistors
            Smoked Transistors commented
            Editing a comment
            Weber wooden handles custom made at Etsy . This may help. https://www.etsy.com/listing/7146268...-barbecues-one

Happy for you and your kettle too.

Comment

Kettles Rule!!

Comment

LOVE my 26'er!!!

Comment

• StrikeBBQ
                StrikeBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                +1

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here