Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Weber commericials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Weber commericials

anyone remember these old Weber commericials? Pretty wild. imagine seeing a nearly minute-long commercial about BBQs these days.

That first vid looks a lot like Panhead, yessir, complete with cartoon victuals. 🕶

Comment

Those were a treat. Why did the '70s ever have to end? (Wait, Disco...but of course.)

Also, did anyone else watch the first video and want to scream, "but of course the Weber is untouchable! Have you ever tried putting your hand on 450 F metal?!"

Comment

• latenight71
        latenight71 commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought the same thing when he said "Untouchable"

I especially like the moment at minute :42 when he pulls the lid to reveal that he is cooking LSD in his Weber kettle . . .

Also, you might recognize Mr. Paul Picerni Star, of TV and Screen, as Federal Agent Lee Hobson from the ABC series "The Untouchables" starring Robert Stack.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably exactly why they had him use that word "untouchable" more than once.

You know, I cannot remember the last time I ever saw a commercial for any grill. I think there used to be some spots before or after some episodes of Project Smoke when it aired on PBS, relating to some of the sponsors like Weber or Bradley, but I've not seen anything like that on regular TV or cable in many years.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, but who really watches regular TV anymore? I know I watch less and less all the time. Meanwhile, on YouTube and websites, ads for grills are almost all I ever see.

The Webber is untouchable even with a 10 ft. Poll.

Comment

Got a particular kick out of the Peter Max-esque artwork when he lifted the lid........totally '70s man

Comment

Originally posted by latenight71 View Post
          I especially like the moment at minute :42 when he pulls the lid to reveal that he is cooking LSD in his Weber kettle . . .

Also, you might recognize Mr. Paul Picerni Star, of TV and Screen, as Federal Agent Lee Hobson from the ABC series "The Untouchables" starring Robert Stack.
          Ayuh, Weber is very fitting, since The Untouchables job was to grill the Chicago mob!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here