Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choosing a Stick Burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 for Lone Star Grillz. I have the 20x42 model which I think would be a good size for what you described. They have lots of models to choose from. Lang, Jambo and (if you're willing to wait) Shirley also have good reputations.

Comment

Check out the Shirley patio offset smoker
      not too big and you can load it up Click image for larger version

Name:	4CDA2208-F5A1-4E5A-98B6-FA16D64AFA44.jpeg
Views:	433
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	949115

Comment

• Smoldering Flea
        Smoldering Flea commented
        Editing a comment
        24”x36”?

• Greygoose
        Greygoose commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes,24”x36”

• Beefchop
        Beefchop commented
        Editing a comment
        This is what I have (different model). Shirley makes a fine product - just know the differences between reverse flow and traditional before spending the money!

Hello all! I wanted to circle back to let you know where things ended. up. Turns out my spot on the waitlist for Aaron Franklin's pits was right around the corner in January and I decided to jump on it. I figured I couldn't go wrong with a pit designed by the man himself after 5 years and 60 prototypes. It's a beautiful pit and I've already put out some awesome bbq even in frigid temps! I know it's hard to find reviews on these since there aren't many made yet, so I'd be happy to answer any questions. Posted a few pics. Thanks again for helping me out!
      Attached Files

Comment

• RickyBobby
        RickyBobby commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeaaaaaaaaaa........ I’m jealous. I seriously can’t wait to see some of your cooks and hear your impressions of the cooker and your learning curve!

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        Please do keep us up to date on what you cook, and how it performs. Nothing better than getting information from somebody that is hands on with it.

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great! What serial number did you get?

Dang, that is a nice looking smoker bmcleveland313 . What do you think Franklin added to it that makes it different than the typical offset?

Comment

• bmcleveland313
        bmcleveland313 commented
        Editing a comment
        STEbbq, tstalafuse is correct - the grate level smoke stack, which the length was optimized for draw. It's also connected via what Franklin calls a "smoke collector", which is a triangular channel connected to the cook chamber to funnel the smoke into the stack. Also, the hole shape between the firebox and cook chamber was intentionally designed to maximize 'vorticity' of the smoke as it moves through. Another "unfeature" is there is no damper - clean fires reign supreme

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        bmcleveland313 , Santamarina , That's really cool. I did not know about that feature, so I learned something. Off to look at those new pits you mentioned now. Thanks!

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, I wonder why this feature has yet to make it down to the more mass market range for smokers....you'd think LSG would copy it.

Congrats on the new smoker.

Comment

Congrats. Definitely want to hear more and see more on your cooks as I am still on the wait list..

Comment

Definitely want more from you!!! Awesome smoker!!!

Comment

• JakeT
            JakeT commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I speak for us all when I say we want more of that hat from you! "Where in the World is Scottranda’s Fire Hat!" (WWSRFH?)

Congrats on the new rig! It look like a beast. What have you been burning in there for fuel?

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Really? That is odd. What does it smell like? I use that in my pizza oven all the time and I have never noticed anything like that. bmcleveland313

• bmcleveland313
            bmcleveland313 commented
            Editing a comment
            Spinaker, I have a mix of seasoned and unseasoned. The fresh cut smells a lot like vomit, but the smell goes away quite a bit as it dries (almost unnoticeable past about 20% moisture I've found).

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Uuuuuhhhh, that is a new one on me. I have never had that issue. WEIRD.......

bmcleveland313

Heck, I should've finished reading through the post before I uploaded my last reply, lol. That Franklin looks nice! Enjoy her!

Comment

Sweet offset you have there. I’d love for you to continue providing updates on your experiences with it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here