Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on a cooker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Advice on a cooker

    I really enjoy cooking on an open fire. I have rigged up a cheap fire-pit with some rebar and an aftermarket grill grate to do some of this but it is less than ideal. I really have not seen what I want so was considering taking a welding class at the local vocational school, and making a run at my own....and then JakeT posted his interest in Lone Star Grillz. I had never heard of them so I went to their site. First off their smokers look beautiful, but as I dug around I saw their fire pit and started drooling. Got me thinking, with the vast knowledge on this site maybe there are similar products out there that I am not aware of so I thought I would ask.



    Thanks in advance.

    #2
    S&S fire pits out of Atlanta. I bought the 36” and it’s awesome!!

    Comment


    #3
    Gator Pits makes one as well....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	gator_fire_pit_32.jpg?crc=126551239.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	711521
    http://www.gatorpit.net/fryers-and-fire-pits.html (scroll to bottom)

    Comment


    • pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you will check them out

    #4
    Have you seen the Santa Maria cooking setups? If you have a Weber, this is a popular choice.

    Comment


    • pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      I will look into.

    • TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Must control my MCS urge. Breath slowly, relax, clear the mind......

    • au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      TripleB, I’m no help. Good luck! And let us know how the Santa Maria goes

    #5
    If you want that, you could buy a used 22" kettle and, in your welding class, you could learn to make what Henrik did:

    Estemed Pit Members, something terrible has happened. I have hit the grill wall. I haven't done any outdoor cooking since New Year's. So I figured I'll get Ye Olde Welder out and


    Plus you'd have the kettle for smoking, especially if you paired it with an SnS .

    Kathryn

    Comment


    • pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Kathryn....very cool idea.

    • Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you could make your own or buy one from Gabby's Grills.

    #6
    pjlstrat, norcal ovenworks makes a huge variety of drool worth open fire cooking options.

    Wood Fired Commercial and Residential Grills


    I think it was Attjack that originally mentioned it, but the Nuke Delta is a pretty sweet rig, my business partner actually just bought one and broke it in on the 4th. His review was 10/10!



    I've also lately just been using my weber kettle with oak wood burned down to coals. (until my LoneStar Grillz shows up anyway!)

    Comment


    • pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you those look very nice.

    #7
    And yet another option similar to your original reference but a bit more thrifty; https://www.homedepot.com/p/RiverGri...4612/202535014

    Comment


    • pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely like the price tag. Thanks for posting.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
0
Guest
Guest
500
["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
7