Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on a cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on a cooker

I really enjoy cooking on an open fire. I have rigged up a cheap fire-pit with some rebar and an aftermarket grill grate to do some of this but it is less than ideal. I really have not seen what I want so was considering taking a welding class at the local vocational school, and making a run at my own....and then JakeT posted his interest in Lone Star Grillz. I had never heard of them so I went to their site. First off their smokers look beautiful, but as I dug around I saw their fire pit and started drooling. Got me thinking, with the vast knowledge on this site maybe there are similar products out there that I am not aware of so I thought I would ask.

Lone Star Grillz can be your one stop shop for buying the best quality BBQ smokers and grills. Reach us for all types of standard and custom options in budget.

Thanks in advance.

S&S fire pits out of Atlanta. I bought the 36” and it’s awesome!!

Comment

Gator Pits makes one as well....

Click image for larger version

Name:	gator_fire_pit_32.jpg?crc=126551239.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	711521
    http://www.gatorpit.net/fryers-and-fire-pits.html (scroll to bottom)

Comment

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you will check them out

Have you seen the Santa Maria cooking setups? If you have a Weber, this is a popular choice.

Comment

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      I will look into.

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Must control my MCS urge. Breath slowly, relax, clear the mind......

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      TripleB, I’m no help. Good luck! And let us know how the Santa Maria goes

If you want that, you could buy a used 22" kettle and, in your welding class, you could learn to make what Henrik did:

Estemed Pit Members, something terrible has happened. I have hit the grill wall. I haven't done any outdoor cooking since New Year's. So I figured I'll get Ye Olde Welder out and

Plus you'd have the kettle for smoking, especially if you paired it with an SnS .

Kathryn

Comment

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Kathryn....very cool idea.

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you could make your own or buy one from Gabby's Grills.

pjlstrat, norcal ovenworks makes a huge variety of drool worth open fire cooking options.

Wood Fired Commercial and Residential Grills

I think it was Attjack that originally mentioned it, but the Nuke Delta is a pretty sweet rig, my business partner actually just bought one and broke it in on the 4th. His review was 10/10!

Argentinian-style grilling in your own backyard takes your BBQ game to a whole new level. Handcrafted in Argentina by skilled artisans. Ships free from BBQGuys!

I've also lately just been using my weber kettle with oak wood burned down to coals. (until my LoneStar Grillz shows up anyway!)

Comment

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you those look very nice.

And yet another option similar to your original reference but a bit more thrifty; https://www.homedepot.com/p/RiverGri...4612/202535014

Comment

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely like the price tag. Thanks for posting.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here