Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIDEO- Dr. Greg Blonder: "Wood, Smoke, & the Smoke Ring" (1hr:39m)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What causes the smoke ring to have that iconic reddish, pink hue?

Comment

What makes some woods better than others for smoking different meats?

Comment

Is a good smoke ring a function of time? As in... the longer you smoke the better smoke ring you will have?

Comment

For that Blue clean smoke, where should the wood chunks be placed? When is the best time to put food in the smoker, when target temp is achieved or when the bellowing smoke subsides?

Comment

Any special advice for pelletheads to get a nice ring? I have had great luck so far but can always improve.

Comment

Does the design of bullet and kamado smokers hinder them from developing smoke rings, unless you spritz or start with cold wet meat perhaps, since there is a barrier (water pan/deflector) blocking direct contact of the meat with the heat?

I was curious if this causes the gases to go up the sides, all the way up to the exhaust vent, and out, without any real reason to come in contact with the meat?

Comment

Bumping this to the top.

Comment

Awwww "Wood" and "Smoke" my favorite subject

Comment

Why do different woods have different flavors and characteristics?

Comment

Excluding appearance, why should we care about the smoke ring at all?

Comment

What properties exist in the bark of the tree that make it undesirable for a source of smoke? (i have access to some hardwood slabs and don't want to spend my time debarking it)

Comment

Bumping again

Comment

One hour Left !!!!!! This is killing me!!

Comment

I'll be at church. Nothin' but reruns for me.

Comment

Where's the link to the seminar?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X
                                false
                                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                                false
                                false
                                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                                Yes
                                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here