Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Traveler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Traveler

Man this looks just like the Coleman Road Trip

https://www.weber.com/IE/en/barbecue...s/9010074.html

I could not find it on the US site.

Very interesting release by Weber.

You might need to clear your cache or something:

https://www.weber.com/US/en/explore-...r-2144418.html

I think it looks pretty cool and suspect Max Good might be currently testing one. I'm really curious how hot it will get and how low it will go.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I use the Brave browser

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      You guessed it Glitchmeister.

I wonder how many cooks on those little tanks one can get? There probably is an adapter for a #20 but then things get rather clunky. Also, if you get the temp/probe thingy yer in the 450 range, a little pricey on the picnic side of things.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I have that adapter hose for my Performer Deluxe to use a 20# tank, but just switched back to the little tanks last June when I needed a tank for a griddle. I run 5 minutes every time I start charcoal, and JUST ran out a couple of weeks ago, cooking probably weekly with charcoal, and starting a chimney on the Performer. If I had to guess, you would get 1.5 to 2 hours of cooking on one of the throw away tanks, which would be great for the convenience and portability.

Probably better than the Q line. I Iook forward to passing my Q on soon. I can't see the Traveler Being something I would own. I like my smokies and jumbo for traveling.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz I have the largest Q and have been using it as my gas grill at the cabin. If it had 2 burners it would be far better. So I'm going to bring my 2 burner Spirit down there at which point the Q will be retired. It's heavy compared to my Jumbo Joe and Smokey Joes so no reason to keep it for camping.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought my 3000 q silver on the factory stand last year from a neighbor for 25 dollars, thought I would enjoy it for the quick cook. Turns out, I don’t like the quick cook, and it is not an easy portable grill, it is also a pain to move around on the factory cart. It’s in good condition, so, hoping to turn my 25 dollar investment into 125 profit

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz I think I paid $50. It came with a griddle and a hose to connect to a full-sized propane tank. I may keep both. The griddle fits on a 22" kettle too.

It's is also reminiscent of the Napoleon TravelQ https://amazingribs.com/grill-tailga...5x-cart-review

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      L I B it is a portable folding cooker! So Weber goes ahead & copies sumone else. Ha! Even the price too! L I B.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan L I B!
      O S M R...

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Or the PKTX

Over on one of the Weber focused forums, there’s a bunch of griping about how the Q is so much better as cast aluminum and this is a POS being porcelain coated steel I personally think it looks great, have never had a problem with Weber’s porcelain coated steel and can’t wait to see some reviews of real performance. I think it’s twice the cooking space of my little Q1000.

Comment

It would actually be nice IF you could actually go anywhere.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Well played with “go anywhere”.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, you have your choice of garage, front yard, back yard, side yard, other side yard. That's not too shabby.

Interesting. But personally, if I were going to spring for a portable grill, I would opt for the PK2GO w/flip kit. Although I have to admit the wheeled option beats having to carry the grill and there are no worries about charcoal for tailgaters.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo