Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Traveler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Traveler

Man this looks just like the Coleman Road Trip

Order your Weber Traveler Gas Barbecue now online. Weber® offers you ✓free shipping ✓a long term guarantee ✓the best service!

I could not find it on the US site.

Very interesting release by Weber.

You might need to clear your cache or something:

The Weber Traveler* portable gas grill is for anyone who wants delicious grilled food away from home. Whether you’re camping, tailgating or picnicking, its sturdy, compact design makes for a seamless experience, from setup to storage. Savor the journey with backyard quality food, no matter where the adventure takes you. *WEBER TRAVELER is a registered U.S. trademark of Weber-Stephen Products LLC.• Compact fold for easy fit in the trunk of a car or storage• Large grilling area so entire meal is ready at the same time• Purposefully designed to optimize gas usage• Low-to-high temp range for pancakes, seared steak and more• Easy to transport, so that it’s always going where you go• Grill is attached to the cart so that you’re up and grilling in no time• Available in Deep Ocean Blue, Red, Black, and Stealth edition• Can accommodate a full-size, 20 lb. fuel tank when using an adapter hose

I think it looks pretty cool and suspect Max Good might be currently testing one. I'm really curious how hot it will get and how low it will go.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I use the Brave browser

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      You guessed it Glitchmeister.

I wonder how many cooks on those little tanks one can get? There probably is an adapter for a #20 but then things get rather clunky. Also, if you get the temp/probe thingy yer in the 450 range, a little pricey on the picnic side of things.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I have that adapter hose for my Performer Deluxe to use a 20# tank, but just switched back to the little tanks last June when I needed a tank for a griddle. I run 5 minutes every time I start charcoal, and JUST ran out a couple of weeks ago, cooking probably weekly with charcoal, and starting a chimney on the Performer. If I had to guess, you would get 1.5 to 2 hours of cooking on one of the throw away tanks, which would be great for the convenience and portability.

Probably better than the Q line. I Iook forward to passing my Q on soon. I can't see the Traveler Being something I would own. I like my smokies and jumbo for traveling.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz I have the largest Q and have been using it as my gas grill at the cabin. If it had 2 burners it would be far better. So I'm going to bring my 2 burner Spirit down there at which point the Q will be retired. It's heavy compared to my Jumbo Joe and Smokey Joes so no reason to keep it for camping.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought my 3000 q silver on the factory stand last year from a neighbor for 25 dollars, thought I would enjoy it for the quick cook. Turns out, I don’t like the quick cook, and it is not an easy portable grill, it is also a pain to move around on the factory cart. It’s in good condition, so, hoping to turn my 25 dollar investment into 125 profit

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz I think I paid $50. It came with a griddle and a hose to connect to a full-sized propane tank. I may keep both. The griddle fits on a 22" kettle too.

It's is also reminiscent of the Napoleon TravelQ https://amazingribs.com/grill-tailga...5x-cart-review

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      L I B it is a portable folding cooker! So Weber goes ahead & copies sumone else. Ha! Even the price too! L I B.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan L I B!
      O S M R...

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Or the PKTX

Over on one of the Weber focused forums, there’s a bunch of griping about how the Q is so much better as cast aluminum and this is a POS being porcelain coated steel I personally think it looks great, have never had a problem with Weber’s porcelain coated steel and can’t wait to see some reviews of real performance. I think it’s twice the cooking space of my little Q1000.

Comment

It would actually be nice IF you could actually go anywhere.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Well played with "go anywhere".

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, you have your choice of garage, front yard, back yard, side yard, other side yard. That's not too shabby.

Interesting. But personally, if I were going to spring for a portable grill, I would opt for the PK2GO w/flip kit. Although I have to admit the wheeled option beats having to carry the grill and there are no worries about charcoal for tailgaters.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here