Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My MCS = My Cooker Stress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My MCS = My Cooker Stress

The other day I posted thst I found a stainless steel 6 burner / side sear gas griller in the markdown tent outsife the store I frequent on an almost daily basis.

I had decided I would give it until this weekend and if it was still there then it might just be the push I needed to pull the trigger. I popped in on Thursday to pick up a few things and couldn't help going to check if the beast was still there. When I walked in I noticed they no longer had the big discount price display on the cooker. On closer inspectio they had a smaller label on the cooker and it had been marked down by a further R600.00 so the new price is R3999.00 ($265). Usual selling price is R7999.00. That got the juices flowing. While I stood mulling things over I noticed 2 boxes behind the griller. It isn't just the floor model that's for sale but 2 more in boxes.

After a real tussle with this whole scenario, like I want it but don't really need it. There are a lot of other MCS priorities that should take precedence but I gave in late Thursday night and decided I was going to buy.

Couldn't get away from my wagon quick enough on Friday with a whole lot of excitement about me.
    When I got to the tent entrance it was closed up. In a slight panick I rounded up a manager in the store only to be told the till in the tent was not working and I should come back tommorow (today).

I deep clean the wagon every Saturday moring and it usually takes me around 6 hours. I went in an hour earlier, got my work done in a little less time than usual and rushed back to the store.
    I can not explain my disappointment when the griller was still inaccessible. I tracked down the outdoor department manager and he explained there was a problem with the till (heard it all already - indulgence) and the IT guy would only be back Monday to sort things.
    I ended up having a long chat with him. Discussed a few of the cookers on the floor. Showed him a few pics of my cooks that are on my phone.
    Feeling confident we were now kind of buddy's (I had just shared some personal cooks with him that makes us buddies in my book :-). I suggested some more discount. We are not that good a buddies yet.

I will only be able to collect on Monday and he will make sure there is one available for me.

So thsts how I ended up with More Cooker Stress.

Sort of crazy that they could not ring it up inside the store for you. After all - you are trying to GIVE THEM MONEY! Usually, stores should go out of their way to TAKE your money! I can never recall a store where they would not have figured out a way to ring up a sale. Apparently this store needs a lesson in salesmanship or something.....

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      The tent is sealed up with serial numbered ties on the eyelets that would require the head of security and so on to open. But I can't disagree with you.
      It's a very big store 51% owned by Walmart.

jfmorris Things are different everywhere and you just have to go along. One of my sons likes to tell the story when he was in a restaurant in the Ukraine and tried to order a side of fries. They wouldn’t sell it to him because his dinner already came with a side of boiled potatoes.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here