Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze grills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaze grills?

Hi guys, I'm debating on which natural gas gas grill to buy. I've got smoking and charcoal covered already, I'm looking for a solid gas grill for frequent, weekly (if not daily) use. I've poured over your reviews and reviews elsewhere and, for me, a large cooking space (550+) and evenness of the heat delivered is important. How hot a grill gets (sear burners aside) and how even it cooks looks to have a lot to do with the quality and construct of the burners. I like the construction of the Blaze burners and I also like that their sear burner can be swapped into the main burner space. Their 40" 5 burner model is the grill I'm leaning towards right now. But Max's bread test was not terrific for the 32" 4 burner model, not sure if this translates to the larger model. Have not seen much about the Blaze professional 34" model, the little I've read seems super positive, and the H design on those burners seems like a notable upgrade in the heat and evenness department. Would the upgrade to the Blaze professional model be worth the extra money in that regard? In general, is there a gas grill in the $2-3K range that stands out in terms of heat and evenness (like Napoleon, AOG)?

Welcome to The Pit Jgcape! I will tag Max Good on this and see what kind of help he can offer you, he's the gear guru. Otherwise, we're glad you've joined up with us, and thanks for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome Jgcape

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Jgcape.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

I have a 34 inch basic Blaze. It has been exposed to the salt environment here for about seven months without any rust evident. I passed the bread test with hot spots only around the edges. Very easy to get 2 zone cooking and has been easy to clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Jgcape View Post
              Hi guys, I'm debating on which natural gas gas grill to buy. I've got smoking and charcoal covered already, I'm looking for a solid gas grill for frequent, weekly (if not daily) use. I've poured over your reviews and reviews elsewhere and, for me, a large cooking space (550+) and evenness of the heat delivered is important. How hot a grill gets (sear burners aside) and how even it cooks looks to have a lot to do with the quality and construct of the burners. I like the construction of the Blaze burners and I also like that their sear burner can be swapped into the main burner space. Their 40" 5 burner model is the grill I'm leaning towards right now. But Max's bread test was not terrific for the 32" 4 burner model, not sure if this translates to the larger model. Have not seen much about the Blaze professional 34" model, the little I've read seems super positive, and the H design on those burners seems like a notable upgrade in the heat and evenness department. Would the upgrade to the Blaze professional model be worth the extra money in that regard? In general, is there a gas grill in the $2-3K range that stands out in terms of heat and evenness (like Napoleon, AOG)?

The father of all Gas Grills... Modern Home Products gets my vote. No flavor bars to rust and built like a tank.

either their flagship here: http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...wnk4-gas-grill

or their top of the line here:

Comment

The Blaze we tested ran a bit hotter around the back and sides as shown in our bread test. On paper the Blaze PRO models should produce more even heat, but the slight temp difference was not an issue when cooking. PROs have lights and electric ignition. I missed the lights on our test model, but the peizo electric ignition worked just fine. Napoleon and AOG are also great choices. I recommend going to your nearest dealers and getting some face time with the grills that made your short list. Intangibles such as look and feel may come into play, as well as how motivated the dealer is for your business.

Comment

Jgcape ...

Here is a brand of gas grills few people are familiar with. They make high quality grills in your price point.
                  Shop Built-In Grills online at Woodland Direct. Discover our selection of fireplaces, fire pits, gas logs, and more. Orders over $99 ship free. Let our NFI certified experts help you pick the perfect product!

Then... If you want to get crazy and shoot the works. Look at this beast of a grill.😆
                  Experience the finest in outdoor grilling performance with the superior craftsmanship and innovative features found in this 36-inch propane gas BBQ grill from Lynx. The quality begins outside with gleaming, high-grade 304 stainless steel that is seamlessly welded to eliminate areas where grease and moisture can collect. A patented design deflects wind and allows the grill to vent properly, stabilizing critical surface temperatures when cooking in windy conditions. Inside, a 23,000 BTU Lynx Trident adjustable infrared burner allows you to sear thick-cuts perfectly, or throttle back to cook more delicate items while two 25,000 BTU ceramic burners deliver superior heat retention over tube burners so checking progress has minimal impact on cooking performance. The three burners push 73,000 BTUs of total cooking power on the grilling surface. An advanced ignition system uses a hot element positioned directly above the burner port for reliably safe start-up and a large capacity smoker box allows you to add extraordinary flavor to all the things you like to grill. Over the burner, an array of fixed position ceramic briquettes ensures precise, even heat distribution to the 640 square-Inch main cooking grid while a secondary grid provides an additional 295 square-inches for a comprehensive 935 square-inches of overall grilling space. The Lynx L36TR-LP also has a dual-position internal rotisserie with heavy-duty, 3-speed motor and rear infrared burner to raise your cooking options to their full potential. Lynx made sure you have easy access to all these fine cooking features by adding lift assist and a handle that rotates fluidly as you raise and lower the hood. Like to grill into the night? The adjustment knobs on the control panel sport blue LED accent lights for precise control and ultra-bright internal halogen lights illuminate the grilling surface eliminating guess-work. Proudly made in the USA. Bring the power and performance of Lynx innovation to your outdoor kitchen with the L36TR-LP Built-in Propane Gas Grill.

Comment

I know Weber seems a bit pedestrian compared to some brands ... but I bought a Genesis EP-330 last summer and couldn't be happier. All the innards are stainless, it heats evenly, and I can hold any temp (225 is a favorite) within a couple of degrees with little effort for hours if the wind isn't howling. The primary cooking area is a little over 500 sq. in. and if you need more, I'm willing to bet you'd be pretty happy with one of the big Summit models instead.

Comment

The Broil King Baron. It was reviewed on this site, and I got one from Lowe's. I am loving it!Or one of the higher priced Broil Kings as well.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

I've owned and have been using a Broil King Sovereign XLS90 for almost 7 years now.
                            HOME / GRILLS / SOVEREIGN™ XLS 90SOVEREIGN™ XLS 90988844 LP / 988847 NG bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.1 CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 126.52ms REVIEWS, PRODUCT bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned; FALSE FALSE TRUE seo-stg.bazaarvoice.com seo.bazaarvoice.com seo-qa-stg.bazaarvoice.com seo-qa.bazaarvoice.com none 0 2000 5000 FALSE broilking-a00427fe1b3547f734ca7a64258c85a7 bwired_development-en-AU UTF-8 FALSE msnbot|google|teoma|bingbot|yandexbot|yahoo 98884 TRUE bvseo-1 vBulletin via cURL/PHP http://broilkingbbq.com/en-au/grills/sovereign_xls_90/?bvreveal=debug http://broilkingbbq.com/en-au/grills/sovereign_xls_90/ REVIEWS

You can see it in the avitar pic here. It's been a great gasser and always enjoy cooking on it. Well built and large cooking surface. Maintains temp easily in fact I can maintain 250 indirect then crank up a burner and easily get 600+ to sear.
                            I replaced the innards of it this past December as 1 or 2 burners were starting give out and it needed an igniter switch. This was more my fault the the grill as it remained uncovered a lot more than covered and I was rather lazy in normal maintainence. I could never find a good cover that fit properly. Not good here in Florida with all the rain. After participating in a thread here about covers and since I just put all the new parts in it., I decided to search for a new cover and found one that fits perfectly. It's a broil King Cover.
                            I got all the parts from Onward product the manufacturer. Great customer service and reasonable prices for all the parts I replaced. Should be good for another 6 or 7 years now. Maybe longer now that it's covered :}

Comment

Jgcape, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here