Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minnesota Wood

Recently interviewed for a job near the Twin Cities. First thing that came to mind was wood source for my offset stickburner! 🤣

Here in Southern California I have a local wood guy that always has tons of oak - my favorite smoking wood.

What’s the local wood scene like in south-east Minnesota???

You will be able to find plenty of oak. There was a always a tree service around with wood for sale. I buy it by the 4 cord load for 150 a cord. Lots of wood heat up here!! Where are you looking at moving too?

Comment

I hope you made this as part of the move package.
      "Salary and benefits look good. But what about a wood source for my offset stickburner?"
      "Not included?" "Sorry not interested."

Comment

If SE Minnesota is anything like NE Minnesota you’ll have no problem. Plenty of folks still have wood furnaces and boilers. I get pickup loads of sweet maple and red oak for smoking and tamarack for the firepit. I have so much wood in my shed I’m starting to think I need a stick burner

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Stop thinking and start shopping!

Sweet! You won't have any trouble finding the wood you need. Oak, Maple and Ash are plentiful. Like others have said, check local wood cutting services and you should be good to go. I also check local golf courses as they are always taking trees down that did not make it through the winter. Spring is a great time to do that.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here