Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found myself a wood supplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found myself a wood supplier

So for those of you in the Western Pennsylvania area, I have found a good source for BBQ wood. Firewood Fellas. https://www.firewoodfellas.net/. I got all of the wood you see here for 50 dollars. It's all oak splits, and the smell is phenomenal. It reminds me of when my wife and I toured Independent Stave Barrel company in Kentucky several years ago.
    Attached Files

I figured in western PA that you would just drive off to the woods and chop it down yourself....

Glad you found a source, but that seems expensive, and unless mixed with charcoal, won't last you too many cooks?

Is there not a local tree and firewood service that can sell you seasoned oak? I ask, because I got a half cord (64 cubic feet). of seasoned oak and hickory delivered for $125, a full cord would have been $200. I know its even cheaper in other areas than it is here too. A 1/2 cord is a stack 4' high and 10.5' long.

Of course, your source appears to kiln dry it for cooking wood, versus being seasoned in a stack in a field like mine was.

Comment

• luvthemstillers
      luvthemstillers commented
      Editing a comment
      Had I gone with their "cooking mix" which contains a mix of Oak, Cherry, Maple and Hickory, their prices would have been similar to what you pay. I was specifically looking for oak only, so I paid slightly more I guess. I do plan on using a charcoal base and having the oak as a flavoring agent, so I should get more milage out of the wood.

I agree, that seem pretty expensive. Around here I can get a pickup load of seasoned oak or hickory for between $60-70.
    If you have a Facebook account look on their market place site....tons of things for sale on there.

Comment

Craigslist can be a gold mine for free or cheap wood. I get my oak and cherry from my own property, but CL is my go-to for anything else, or if I'm running low on well-seasoned stuff.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here