Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New Wood Situation!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Wood Situation!!

I have found a virtually inexhaustible supply of cheap wood in Fallbrook Ca! White Oak, Red Oak, Avocado, and Citrus Woods. Might be others I am not sure, I could not stay long. 2 or 3 acres stacked 6' high, row after row. Much with a high moisture content. I had to dig a bit for some of those though. I found them on Craig's List and decided to check them out today. I'm glad I did! I got a whole trunk full for $15!!!!

./Happy Dance!!!!!!

CL is indeed a gold mine of cheap/free wood for those who don't mind to do a little work to get it. Nice find!

Comment

Yeah, Baby!

Comment

Congrats.

And now you can buy for cheap and sell for big bucks in town.

Comment

Sweet. Now we just gotta get your COS dialed in. 👍

Comment

• lostclusters
            lostclusters commented
            Editing a comment
            My KBQ comes first

I’m in San Diego, I used to get to Fallbrook often, if you could share some contact information on how to get some of the wood you mention I would appreciate it. Congrats on your score.

Comment

I got wood this morning

Comment

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, but is it inexhaustible like @lostclusters'? Didn't think so.

• VanW
              VanW commented
              Editing a comment
              Gotta' say, the post title made me a little nervous

• Ahumadora
              Ahumadora commented
              Editing a comment
              First time in 2 years

Good find. Now you need a trailer to make wood hauling easier.

Comment

Sounds like a good reason to buy a truck.

Comment

Daaaaang, that is a true jack pot!!!! I would love to try some Avocado wood! Perhaps a trade for some Minnesota Black Cherry is in order????

Comment

• OmegaDog12
                  OmegaDog12 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BTW, because of Hurricane Matthew, I've got plenty of oak, pecan and hickory if you want. Also, white oak barrel stave pieces(kiln-dried) from local wine barrel maker if you want it

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would be willing to take some Pecan wood. We can't get that stuff up here! Thanks. I will be splitting wood tonight, so I will get the Cherry in the mail tomorrow! OmegaDog12

• OmegaDog12
                  OmegaDog12 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PM me an address and I will get you a box of Southern Pecan in the mail soonest . Again, thanks!

WOW - when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton - 90 years ago? I hadn't found my PIT sense yet. I DID find Fallbrook! My wife had a Fiat spyder and used to romp through those roads out to I-15. SO MUCH FUN!! CA. Top down... roadster... (Temecula wine...)

WOW again - great memories. Thanks.

Comment

Nice, congrats. Gotta love the interwebs and cheap wood!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here