Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone smoking with blackberry vines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone smoking with blackberry vines?

I hear this is a thing. Do you have any experience with it?

I have a lot of vines, but none mature enough to use for smoking. I would like to try this, though.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      They are certainly cheap, plentiful, fast growing, and quick drying.

Works great, with plenty flavor. Add a few to begin with, and then add more/tune to your liking.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      What's it suited for? Beef, pork, chicken, etc? Is it mild or strong? Is it noticably different than traditional woods?

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, it works for many meats. It all depends on your taste buds. I would say strong, that's why I recommend starting out with a little at first. It isn't noticably different.

I was having a deja vu after making this thread. Now I realize why. Sorry for asking the same question twice. I obviously never went for it after the last time I asked.
    Last edited by Attjack; June 24, 2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

So I was going to ask about this, but found the answer here! Now, anyone wants to do some harvesting for personal or commercial use, come on by.

Harvest last week.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180624_115909329.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	521571

Plenty more for all.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180624_115956335.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	521570

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        I appears you got 'stuck' with quite a job there!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here