Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fruita Wood!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fruita Wood!

Every time it's like three Christmas presents in one box.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3425.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.62 MB ID:	318461

Tomorrow will be a GREAT day! This old timer will be using my new FireBoard, posted about that in another thread, and cooking up some spares! These Kurobuta spares are on the tad more of two pounds each. I knew they were smaller, so I am sure the cook is smaller as well. I know my foray into Wagyu taught me that these meats cook a big faster. Not sure how I am going to do it yet but thinking it will be a much shorter cook and that's cool. To me a smoke day is just that. A "day" of smoking! So I bought a 9 pound butt to keep me busy while we munch these great SRF ribs down!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3427.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.16 MB ID:	318462

More to come...!
    Last edited by lonnie mac; May 12, 2017, 09:01 PM.

That sounds like a great day in front of you! I look forward to seeing it happen! Enjoy.

Comment

Trying the peach wood today?

Comment

I know what you mean about getting a Fruitawood shipment. I love getting them too.

Have a great cook today, lonnie mac .

Kathryn

Comment

Wish I was in your shoes today but some of us has to drive trucks. Have fun lonnie mac

Comment

Door fidgeting, peach wood stoking. The meat just chugs right along! Love the new FireBoard!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 1.22.59 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	59.0 KB ID:	318679

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3437.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.25 MB ID:	318680
            Last edited by lonnie mac; May 13, 2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Ok, wrapped. Ate the two Kurobuta chief snacks I had on the side. OMG this stuff is good!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3439.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	318725

Comment

OMG. It's almost done!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3441.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	318754

Comment

Lonnie, I hope all is well in Texas! If you don't mind me asking.....

How much do they get from you, for a box of that Peach Wood?

5 Minute update......
                  Too late! I just ordered a 25 lb box. Really looking forward to this!
                  Thanks for the post Lonnie!
                  Last edited by Spinaker; May 13, 2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Fruita is good stuff. Dizzy Pig World HQ is local to me and they carry Fruita in bulk.

Comment

• Spinaker
                      Spinaker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Damn son. That is a hook up! I bet it is heavenly coming out of the KK. I will have one, one of these days. Like Wayne, in Wayne's World..."She will be mine, oh yes, she will be mine."

• Pequod
                      Pequod commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The KK leads to LCS, or so I keep telling myself. Still kinda eyeing one of those Pizza Party wood fired ovens, especially now that they have wood/gas ovens.

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
                    Lonnie, I hope all is well in Texas! If you don't mind me asking.....

How much do they get from you, for a box of that Peach Wood?

5 Minute update......
                    Too late! I just ordered a 25 lb box. Really looking forward to this!
                    Thanks for the post Lonnie!
                    Spinaker I was typing as fast as I could brotha!! Glad you got some! I just got the original box, with apple, cherry and peach. Our apple and cherry they carry around in our HEB and such, man it just is not right. I have always loved Fruita! Really great Co do deal with...

I just can't get Peach around here in the parts. Funny, I live next to a peach tree farm but she rarely has something to give me.

Peach, if anyone has never smoked with it, gives off the absolutely most distinctive wonderful smell you have ever smelled. It is really something to take in the nose.

Comment

• Spinaker
                      Spinaker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I really can't wait! I can't imagine what it is going to smell like in the KBQ. I am really looking forward to it. I was thinking a relatively short cook. Ribs. Your thoughts?

• lonnie mac
                      lonnie mac commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Be prepared for goodness brother!

I just saw today that Fruitawood is up for sale. They say business as usual, but hopefully the new owners won't screw it up. I love ordering from them.

"Its that time. After careful consideration I have decide to retire and put Fruita Wood and it's entire line up FOR SALE ONLY!! NOT CLOSING!! Its a tough decision but one that I need to make at this time. Anyone interested in purchasing the brick & morter store Fruita Wood & BBQ Supply in Grand Junction Colorado, as well as three active websites, (Fruitawood.com, fruitawoodchunks.com, and fruitawoodchips.com) please send me an email to [email protected]. I will be happy to discuss with SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY the asking price along with any information you may need. This is a turnkey opportunity to make a 6 figure salary, while living in Gods Country in Western Colorado. Fishing, hunting, Skiing, backpacking, camping. Its all available here within a 30 minute drive. No traffic, No smog, no high crime. Beautiful area to raise a family or retire. I will also stay on for three months to help with the transition at no additional cost. Until then it will be BUSINESS AS USUAL, shipping out the best BBQ smoking wood in the country."

Comment

Just put in my first order for the original box.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here