Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home depot JEALOUS DEVILCherry Wood Blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home depot JEALOUS DEVILCherry Wood Blocks

Bought 4 boxes 8 lbs each at 7.97 each
    weighed twice as much as a bag for 16 bucks of weber or kingsford.
    Step up your smoking game to legendary status with Jealous Devil's Smoke Cherry Wood Blocks, 100% Natural Wood Chunks. Sourced directly from pristine virgin hardwoods, each block unlocks the sweet, slightly

Awesome! I will have to pick some up.

Comment

Gonna go score some boxes tomorrow!

Comment

Good buy for those needing it.Figures I JUST stocked my cherry wood a week ago at about twice that price!

Comment

• PNWsmoke
          PNWsmoke commented
          Editing a comment
          May go back and get more

• nunyaz
          nunyaz commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto CHNeal (ordered the fruit wood combo box from FruitaWood in 6" x 3" mini splits). It came today, GREAT looking stuff, can't wait to cook with it!

I buy this brand of lump from Amazon, and it's easily the best I've found with a plastic resealable bag, and very little fines.

Comment

Thanks ! I had a 15 e gift card I thought I would never use, just ordered 2 box cherry 1 box hickory free shipping

Comment

On it and done it. Thank you.

They weren't available at my local store, but my order will be shipped to me for "Free."

Comment

used the cherry on the Cascade vertical tonight. Very good. Click image for larger version

Name:	Prime rib on cascade.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	1358023

Comment

I just grabbed a box of the hickory and the cherry. The pieces are flat squares, like a 1”x 4” (ie, not quite 1” or 4”); that is interesting. Because every now and then, when using a minion or a snake, and even in the BGE, my fire will hit a chunk of wood and not continue past. The wood kills it (or, in the case of the BGE, craters it). With this shape, I can see laying it flat underneath or on top of the charcoal or lump. I guess I’ll find out!

Also, at that price it is comparable to, or perhaps even cheaper than, the bags of Kingsford and Weber chunks, and without the bark and the uneven sizes. Predictability is a worthwhile virtue.

Comment

• PNWsmoke
                  PNWsmoke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I tried splitting into smaller chunks.

Jealous.....I hit two HD's in my area on had 3 taped up bags of KBB, no chunks or chips of any kind.
                The other showed a skid of something that no one in the store could seem to find.
                Sometime this country is a complete and utter joke.

Comment

• PNWsmoke
                  PNWsmoke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had to get an associate search for it.
                  Next aisle above head.I would have never found it.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here