Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokinlicious Arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokinlicious Arrived!

While the website leaves much to be desired in terms of navigation, the customer service and product is excellent.

I ordered the double filets, which are recommended for smokers like the PK300. I picked sugar maple, white oak, and cherry. Shipping was fast and it arrived in 3 days.

Pricing is very good as 2/3rds of a cubic foot is $42 shipped. In contrast, 1/3 of a cubic foot of wood chunks from Lowe’s is $15 and a good third of the bag is chips versus chunks. Allowing for the less valuable chips, I think pricing for Smokinlicious is actually comparable because every piece is usable. I also have to drive probably 30 minutes if I want to find a bag of sugar maple. Plus, we know the wood is high quality versus being dried out.

Double Filet smoking chunks are 2x2x3 inch pure hardwood wood chunks!  Ideal for smokin wood BBQ, grills( gas and Charcoal)!  Awesome smoking capacity and flavoring.

As you can see the chunks are uniform in size, clearly organized (the little stamps mark the different wood types) , and comes with a nice document flagging moisture levels. You can also see that Teddy clearly is quite interested as you can definitely smell the wood a bit. His favorite is sugar maple.

All in all, I plan to keep ordering more wood from Smokinlicious. Highly recommended.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by STEbbq; January 5, 2023, 07:30 PM.

I just want to steal Teddy!

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      STEbbq is Teddy a Frenchie, or a Boston?

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      He is a proud Boston Terrier!

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      He's a handsome fellow!

Great review! You will enjoy the wood from Smokinlicious. Burns great.

and teddy is a cute lil pup! At first i thought you had a Frenchie but then noticed the point in the ears. Either way, cute pup!

Comment

Dog approved! Highest rating available in my estimation.

Comment

Nice. Thanks for posting this. So I’m assuming I could use this size in my SNS kettle and WSM?

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I think that is reasonable.

Thanks for the review. I might have to give this a try.

Comment

Looks like Fruitawoods.com knock off but without the variety of woods and sizes available.

Comment

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            Eight different wood types and at least 8-9 different wood sizes is enough for me.

@IFindZeroBadCooks​ Pretty archaic web page but I only see 3 sizes of block/chunks. They don't have pecan and for me that' a disqualifier.

Comment

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            Hopefully they will add pecan down the road then.

Looking for wood sources for my coming Santa Maria grill. Will check them out.

Comment

I year or so ago I poked around a lot on the smokinglicious site and learned some interesting things. One reason they do not carry certain varieties is that they are very particular about their sourcing. IIRC they gave the example of citrus woods. Their opinion is that the huge majority is steep in pesticides and therefore not up to their cirteria. Makes sense to me.

Comment

I don't care about the wood, but the second I can steal your dog.... I won't care if Panhead John approves of you new name or not, the amazing dog will be mine... When you least expect it, expect it...

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2393.jpg Views:	7 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	1447250 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2544.jpg Views:	7 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	1447248 Teddy!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2924.jpg Views:	8 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	1447247
                Attached Files
                Last edited by STEbbq; July 3, 2023, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• tstalafuse
                  tstalafuse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great looking pup!

I am coming to the post late.
                STEbbq How is the Smokinlicious wood?
                I have been buying Fruita Wood from Bert for a 3 years. I have been happy with it, but only have big box store wood to compare; and there is no comparison, it is a different league. I am in need of a new shipment and thought I would check AR before ordering.
                I did a taste test with 5 woods from Fruita, Pecan, Peach, Cherry, Apple and Apricot, on skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Pecan and Peach won me and SWMBO over. Smokinlicious doesn't carry Pecan or Peach, but I suspect that Oak and Maple might be good substitutes. I suspect that Oak is a little stronger and a little more earthy than the nutty Pecan. Maple and Peach are probably close to each other.

Comment

• STEbbq
                  STEbbq commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think it is excellent wood and works great. Very happy with it and puts grocery store wood to shame. A lot cheaper than Fruita to boot.

• barelfly
                  barelfly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’ve been using Smokinlicious for 6-7 years now. And the Oak and Sugar Maple are in my rotation, as is Cherry. I really like the size of these chunks for the smoker I use. I don’t think you can go wrong with those two selections.

• TripleB
                  TripleB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've been using Smokinlicious for about 1.5 years now. Use to use Fruita Wood. Fruita is kiln dried and Smokin is seasoned wood. That is why I switched. I get 1/4 logs for my KBQ. Still have to cut them down a bit, but not too hard.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here