Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wood Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood Source

Anyone know of any good wood sources in Monmouth County, closest to middletown?

Talk to local tree services. Should be able to get you whatever wood you want, as long as it grows in your area.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

Check out craigslist etc and if your town has a online forum then ask there. Im in Monroe and we have sourced a bunch of stuff and services via the monroe township forum. Cant help you on the actual wood part though, dont own a stick burner.

Comment

I haven’t spent too much time looking but I went on Craigslist and found lots of options.

Comment

Hi! I'm in Monmouth County, too, near Belmar. Did you ever find a good source for cooking wood in the area? I did find these guys, who have some cooking wood options

Also, Cutting Edge Firewood in Georgia will ship, https://www.cuttingedgefirewood.com/. Their options seem weird though. A box of 16" oak logs is 50lbs for around $50 plus $20 shipping. A box of oak splits is almost $150 for the same 50 lbs and shipping is free.

Most of the online options I've found have prohibitive shipping costs, hundreds of dollars in some cases.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here