Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference in smoke flavor from pellet manufacturers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locally supply choices are limited for me, having only the less expensive pellets (less than $.50/pound). So for trying premium pellets the shipping kills the experimenting. I would like to try Lumberjack everyone seems to like it. Grilla Grills has free shipping over $49 which can keep them around a $1/ pound. Are they similar/identical pellets to Lumberjack?

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      My understanding is that it is a not so secret secret that LJ makes Grilla pellets.

I don't have much experience yet with pellets, but I was tickled to find BBQr's Delight pellets at a pool store less than 30 minutes away in Tullahoma TN, and that's what I've started with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7048.jpeg
Views:	316
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	1117028

Comment

I use the heavy D smoke diffuser in my smoke daddy , It burns wood chunks and add a lot of smoke to the cook

Comment

I have a Weber Performer with a SnS at home that I use Weber wood chunks for smoke flavor and I have a Weber Spirit gas grill at my cottage. On the gas grill, I’ve been using a smoke tube with pellets from https://bbqrsdelight.com/. I have done ribs, pork butt and chicken on both and the gasser with smoke tube is a close second in terms of smoke flavor.

The tube lasts about 4 hours. the bark is not as pronounced as on the Performer, but there is a nice smoke flavor. I do notice flavor differences between hickory, mesquite, apple and pecan. They definitely smell different. I am partial to pecan for everything but beef.

If I had to chose, I would pick the Performer, the smoke tube is fine too though.

Comment

I use B&B almost exclusively in the Chimp. I don't get a lot of smoke but the convenience is great. When I want smoke I use the kettle or wsm.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here