Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you buy your propane refills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you buy your propane refills?

My local Sam's Club has an Amerigas kiosk that costs $17.99 + tax. Unfortunately the kiosk was out of order today. I'm trying to find another spot for less than $20. Where do you guys go for tank refills?

The Costco near me will refill whatever tank you bring. (Assuming it's in good condition) about $6-8 bucks for a refill. Some ace hardware stores do that too.

Comment

Thanks for the tip RichBrew. I don't think I've ever seen a sign for propane refills at any of the Costco's that I've been to in California. I'll have to look into it.

Comment

I go to my local Rite Aid drug store. $16 for a Blue Rhino exchange. Also, if you have a U-Haul rental place near you, check them out. Our local one does refills.

Comment

Sometimes hardware stores can refill your tank on the spot for less than exchanging your tank for new full tank. The more rural your area the more likely they can do it.

Comment

I bought a tank at SamsClub and refill it for $12. Have paid for the tank twice over. My goal is to get the grill hooked to natural gas and then no more tanks to fill or exchange.

Comment

I refill my tank at a place called "Camping World." They sell everything RV related including RVs. They have a station out in the sales/repair yard where they fill customers tanks.

Comment

kenrobin, If you are close to Farm Country most Coops have Propane! This may sound a Little Bit Old Fashioned but Check your Yellow Pages or do a Product Search on the Web via Yohoo or Google!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I used to get mine filled at ACE. I know City Mill also fills propane tanks.

Comment

Parker Shoppes (yep, that's how they spell it) ... they charge by the actual amount filled ... no fixed prices and no tank exchanges for me!

Comment

KOA campground.
                      Note that your standard tank has a 25 lb. rating. Most refill places will fill to 20 lbs. With the tank exchange places read the fine print because you are getting 12-15 lbs. in the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by 997cab View Post
                        KOA campground.
                        Note that your standard tank has a 25 lb. rating. Most refill places will fill to 20 lbs. With the tank exchange places read the fine print because you are getting 12-15 lbs. in the tank.
                        This is a good tip. I noticed that when I went back to Sam's Club, my exchanged tank only had around 15 pounds. I was also wondering why the fill indicator on my Weber Genesis always shows my newly exchanged tank as only 3/4 or less full. In the future I will go for a refill instead of an exchange.

Comment

Who uses propane?

Comment

If you have a Calranch store in your area they fill tanks & are the cheapest per gallon of all the rest mentioned above in my area. Other wise a regular propane dealer keep in mind that AmeraGas is the most expensive. I am homeless & live full time in my RV so I use more propane than most people that only use it for grilling, so I have had to look around.
                            Dave

Comment

Home Depot for a convenient exchange, but my favorite fill up spot is a local gas station/deli because they have a great wine selection to tempt me with!

Comment

• Darchie03
                                Darchie03 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I'll drink to that

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here