Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kingsford Hardwood Briquets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingsford Hardwood Briquets?

I tried a search, too many irrelevant results for the terms involved.

I went looking for the charcoal sales, didn’t find any, so I bought what was there: Kingsford Hardwood Briquets.

Anyone try this stuff? Supposedly it’s the heat and flavor of lump, with the convenience and consistency of briquets. Reviews are pretty much in line with that, the only caveat being a lot of ash when used in kamados. And I think kamados is the market they are shooting for.

I’m going to use it in the kettle, my modus operandi is to not sweat brand names and styles too much. Nevertheless I am interested in hearing from anyone who has used it.
    Last edited by Mosca; July 1, 2020, 03:13 PM.

Interested in your findings, I know you will shoot straight with your thoughts. I've walked by it a hundred times and always thought "nah, I'm putting real wood chunks on the cheaper Original briquets, I'm plenty good with that".

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll fire them up on Saturday!

I had a bag of those recently. They burn faster than KBB and do leave a fair amount of ash. I'd use them for short cook, grilling, etc. They'll work on medium cooks (5-8 hours). I think for long cooks 12+ hours, you'd use too many coals for it to make sense. If you do one and they're all you have, just make sure you watch coal use a bit more than you might otherwise.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. I use the kettle for grilling anyhow, and the BGE for the low slow stuff. I’ll report my findings.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here