Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new pork rub is now available on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new pork rub is now available on Amazon

Hi there, fellow barbecuers!

A while back I created my own custom beef rub that is now available for purchase in a couple of stores in Sweden, as well as on Amazon.com. I have spent about twice as long on my pork rub. It took time to get it right, but it has now shipped to the US, meaning it is generally available on Amazon.com here.

I wanted to use a little less sugar than most commercial rubs, and I found the solution is mango. I use it as I think it's a great flavor carrier/enhancer, but also because of its natural sweetness. I want the natural pork flavor to shine.

This is what I call a three stage rub. Pour half a teaspoon into the palm of your hand and taste it. The first thing you notice is a fruity sweetness. Next, after 1-2 seconds, comes the bold flavor, almost tangy. Finally, after 4-5 seconds, a gentle heat wave.

If you want to try it, let me know what you think. Getting feedback from experienced pit masters like y'all would be much appreciated. It's a little more than 7 oz of rub in each jar, so it lasts a while. It's slightly larger than a coke can.

Click image for larger version

Name:	porkrub.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	545682

What? Hail, I ain't even found yer first rub there, yet, or I'd be rockin it, an spreadin th Word, brother!
    Reckon I'll haveta do me some checkin, followin yer link.

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to get on a waiting list.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, reviewed my order since I posted ya, amigo! It's s'posed to git here Today!!!!
      JGo37

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Got here on th 20th, instead...
      Yay, still got here!
      JGo37

mango and heat sounds great!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      While it could be said that I'm ever so slightly biased, I do like the combo ;-)

Just ordered one of each from Amazon US. Looking forward to trying them out. First commercial dry rubs I have ever bought.

Comment

Do either of the rubs have salt in them?

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, both. But very little. I'll check the weight/volume percentage, but it's not much.

Awesome! You know I am down to try this new rub! The last one was killer on beef ribs, and brisket. Speaking of which..........I think an all night BGE briz cook is in order!

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        You are an animal

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        You had me at BGE briz...I need to make a trip over to the US of A, would be awesome to just hang out and smoke some meat.

Just ordered a bottle. I can't wait to try it. Hopefully it gets here by Saturday.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Coolness!!

My Hank's Beef Rub arrived yesterday. Pork rub already in the cart for the next order. I'll be trying the beef rub soon!

Kathryn

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Brilliant, thanks for the support, I hope you like them!

Ordered!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool, thanks for the support!

It looks like you add NO chemicals or anti-caking agents unlike other rubs I have bought. Do your rubs have a limited shelf life?

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct, no funky stuff in there. I can see the point of anti-caking agents, but if stored in a cool dry place you should be fine. If needed just shake the bottle a few times.

Well we'll just have to see about this......

Comment

Ordered one of each - can't wait to try them.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome!

Just ordered both rubs, one of each. Looking forward to trying them.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool, thanks for the support! I really hope you like 'em!

I will definitely be trying this. Really, anything with mango in it is good in my book!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          yup!
          there's no place like mango, in my experience!

I like the reduced sugar idea! I'll be trying them soon!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here