Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Launching my own rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launching my own rub

So, after a lot of barbecuing, and creating my own rubs, I decided to create one that I would be proud to put my name on. Two days ago I had a sneak premiere for this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HanksBonafideBeefRubJars.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	506265

I've had good reviews so far, I'm sending it out to a few select (experienced) people for further reviews.

The great news is that shortly after posting it on Instagram two stores immediately got in touch and asked if they can sell it. I didn't expect that to happen, and not so soon either, but it sure makes me happy. I'm finalizing my pork rub too, we'll see how that turns out. Wish me luck in my bbq adventures!

Wow Henrik , you are knocking it out of the park! Good luck with the Rub too!!

Comment

Kickin' ash and takin' names! Way to go, man!

Comment

That’s great, Henrik ... lykke til!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Congrats and can't wait to try it!

Comment

Wifey told me I should develop my own rub and sell it, but I just can't bring myself to get into a market that already seems so flooded with options. I just don't see how I could be successful at it, even with a really great product.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hear ya. There's SO many out there I've only tried a handful and I'm running out of time to try any more. Same thought I had about my own rub & sauce a few years back- everyone else must be flooded and would never buy mine.

Nice going my European BBQ Brother. Do you have some one to process it for you in a professional setting/facility? Often times they want to add/delete a bunch of stuff/processes (as hurdles) for shelf life, transport and safety. Did you run into that issue?

Congratulations to you.

Comment

Congrats Henrik! If you keep t his up, you're gonna have to give up your day job. (Can a brick and mortar location be far behind? )

Comment

Good luck Henrik! I have a friend who is into marketing and such and he really wants me to sell my rub. My take is that I'd likely invest $30,000 to make $10,000.

Comment

• fracmeister
                      fracmeister commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You'd do that well? That would beat most people!

Originally posted by CaptainMike View Post
                    My take is that I'd likely invest $30,000 to make $10,000.
                    Hey! Don't be giving away my Top Secret investing strategy ... ...

Comment

So when will it be available in Wisconsin?

Comment

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        When it hits 95 F in the frozen tundra.
                        Hmm, it hit 97 yesterday. Well what da ya know.

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Must be rigged!

Good for you Sir! Let me know when it is available, or if Beta testing is needed.

Comment

That is awesome. Best wishes on the new venture.
                        PS If you want someone in Boise to test it, I am more than willing. 😃

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here