Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free to Good Home- Weber 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free to Good Home- Weber 22

Well when I brought home the Akorn, I promised my wife I would get rid of 1 grill, in order to promote matrimonial harmony. 😬 I have a red Weber 22 that according to the date code was made in 1989. Full disclosure: it is not new and not perfect by any means, but it has some life in it. I put a gasket on the lid about a year ago. It could probably use a new ash sweeper; definitely needs a cleaning. I don't want to take it to the dump if someone would like it. I am in the Arbutus/Baltimore/Catonsville area. I will get some pics after daylight.
    Last edited by Thunder77; August 19, 2017, 11:02 PM. Reason: Typo

Mr. Bones Here is another `rescue`.

Comment

This should, by rights, go to fuzzydaddy ...he's hankerin' fer a Redhead.
      I will gladly pay th' postage, as required...
      FedEx has some 24"x24" boxes; I know, 'cause I've had some 22.5" kettles shipped to me this way...
      Please, arrange this, an send me th' shippin' bill...
      I jus' Love a Happy Endin'!!!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 20, 2017, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones - as I have written before: Good things happen with regularity to good people. You are one of a kind and I am quite glad for that.

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        WOW!

Just plain WOW, Mr. Bones !!

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Cheers to you Bones!

Mr. Bones I'm blown away by your thoughtfulness and generosity. Thunder77 thank YOU so much, and I'll PM you my address shortly. This is very special. Pictures will follow!

Comment

Wow ..... very cool guys! The Pit is awesome.

PS I don't need a red Weber since Mrs. ecowper is a redhead, I wouldn't want her to get jealous

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Two redheads in one household never seems to play well, in my experience!

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          It damn sure ain't safe Bones

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          hahahahaha, you guys are killing me. Mr. Bones Thunder77 ecowper

God Bless you Mr. Bones! Great result to a problem win-win.

Comment

Danjohnston949 Mrs. fuzzydaddy is happy for me. All is good, very good!

Comment

Tri tip o' the hat to ya Mr. Bones ! Thoughtful! Thoughtful! Thoughtful! Oh and generous!

Comment

Do you have an SnS to get rid of Thunder77? Any color will do!

Comment

• Thunder77
                Thunder77 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry Mudkat. The SnS stays with my Performer. :-P

Thunder - Isn't the temptation to resist that promise strong? I remember, like it was yesterday, hauling five rusted, broken BBQ's to the metal recycler. I made the promise and had three dream BBQ's (it's back up to four) to replace the old non-functional units. My wife had the biggest smile on her face as I loaded them into the truck. Two of them were even embedded in be backyard. One was a part of a wild grape vine and the other in ivy. I tried to argue that I would make a really nice looking planter out of a couple of them. She laughed. I was serious. She laughed even harder. fuzzydaddy 's is a fantastic place for that. The recycler is no place for a BBQ!

Comment

• Thunder77
                Thunder77 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes that temptation is strong, tbob4! I wanted to see that grill through to its 30th birthday. But a promise is a promise. At least this will go to good use!

Speaking of embedded flower pot grills!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0346.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	366140

Comment

• tbob4
                tbob4 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's exactly what I am talking about! Love it.

• Mudkat
                Mudkat commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha ha! That's funny.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                ¡Schultig!

Thunder77Mr. Bones I received it! Thank you both so much! It will get some pampering, then I'll post photos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3682.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	382616

Comment

• Thunder77
                Thunder77 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey, the handle came off! Can you fix it?

• fuzzydaddy
                fuzzydaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                Thunder77 Yes, it was laying in the box, but that's ok. The welds broke loose during the trip, so my plan is to grind off the welds stuck to the handle, drill holes and use stainless steel bolts to reattach the handle to the lid. I've already removed the ash sweep assembly (drilled it out until I could twist/remove the handle which allowed it to come apart). I will enjoy this and thank you again!

Glad it made it there, thanks to Thunder77 !!!!
              Like Toby Keith sez, "Call a Marine!"
              Ash sweeps are super cheap; I've replaced plenty on my rescued/gifted/keeper 22.5's...
              Glad all landed as intended...

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                fuzzydaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve already got a new ash sweep. It arrived today.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweet Deal, Brother!
                She'll be cookin' in no time...

I am looking forward to seeing these results! What a great project. And you know fuzzydaddy is gonna have this baby looking like new! I

Comment

Yeah fuzzydaddy let her shine and fire it up!i seriously can't wait for the pics! Love that color!! Thunder77 and Mr. Bones. You guys rock and make me proud to be in the pit! This is me bowing.

Comment

• Thunder77
                  Thunder77 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Aw shucks, I was just trying to keep a kettle from going to that big back yard in the sky...

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup, me too...
                  No Heroics, here!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here