Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkey Meatloaf/Burger/Sausage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry I missed this question. there isn't a lot of fat in turkey meat, so when I can I lean to dark meat, but I have aded enough other stuff to make it moist.

  • Grill Master Dave
    replied
    Dont like Turkey burgers but I gave it a try and gotta say Bravo Meathead.

    Leave a comment:


  • MeatMonster
    replied
    You lost me at turkey burger.... But I took a look at the recipie..... I'm sold, will give it a try and post back here!

    Leave a comment:


  • SMOG MAN
    replied
    I made this, I liked it. I did not dice the onions small enough and that affected my outcome, also I would maybe sautee them prior to adding to the mix next time. For me the cooking time was way off, I had to cook longer but the taste was awesome. I will try again.
    Last edited by SMOG MAN; January 8, 2019, 06:50 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • jgreen
    commented on 's reply
    Need a new roommate

  • SammyJ
    replied
    Had my hopes up, roommate does not eat pork or beef

    Leave a comment:


  • FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, just pop those little suckers.

  • Harry
    replied
    I mentioned this recipe to my wife who, for some reason, doesn't like to eat beef or pork two or three times a day - go figure. We will be trying it in the next month or so as she plans menus that far in advance. RE: substituting turkey for beef in some recipes; in college I loved the chili made in the mess hall. I was a senior before I found out it the meat in it was 80% turkey by weight with the other 20% being some combo of beef and pork. It didn't stop me from loving it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Panzer61
    commented on 's reply
    I would guess you would go abit to the fatty side on the turkey. You’re cooking on a sheet so the grease can drain away from the loaf.

  • McEDaddy
    replied
    What blend of lean/fat on the turkey? I’m partial to ground turkey breast bc I have bits of what feels like bone in the standard ground turkey.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ron Mickel
    replied
    I was a chef in a sampling kitchen in Houston until I retired. I frequently substituted turkey in beef recipes and seldom did anyone notice. I would let customers know about the substitution and showed them the garbage can if they did not like the food. It was seldom used. In a top knotch recipe like this, it would be terrific, especially if it came with a shot of port.

    Leave a comment:


  • Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    Umm, I gave you a smarty answer thinking it was a smarty question. But if you are serious, just pick them up with your hand and squeeze.

  • Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    Ask your wife.

  • Randy-Phx
    replied
    What does "squeeze the cranberries" mean or how is this done?

    Leave a comment:


  • EdF
    commented on 's reply
    We are men of the same ilk!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
0
Guest
Guest
500
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here