Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED- First comp for Polish Smoke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATED- First comp for Polish Smoke!

Entering our first local comp (Me and Juddlight ) at Dark Horse Brewing in Marshall MI.. We decided go big or go home, so we entered the pro div. at $250.
    Its a Charity event with 40 pro teams cooking 6 racks of ribs and 2 pork butts. You are required to use their beer in the contest so we are using their Scary Jesus Rock Star beer which is an apricot chamomile beer. Turn in is 6 ribs and 6 servings of pork for judging with the remainder being sold and served to the public for a local charity. Pay out in Pro div. is $900, $600, & $300 for each category and $1500 for Grand ,&1300 rorRG. They are also up to 100 amateur teams that are not judged but luck of the draw prize for 1st(custom drum smoker)& 2-3rd gift cert.

All in all we plan on having fun hopefully without getting our a$$e$ handed to us.

This will be our banner with team name. Hey Spinaker aker, do you recognize the background for this?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	polish smoke5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	207.1 KB ID:	304203

This is the smoker they built aka Smoke Horse, a few years ago for the Smoke Off, These guys were on the History channel for a year as a reality show called Dark
    Horse Nation.

Click image for larger version  Name:	17903991_10154707919634671_4266175779476966820_n.jpg Views:	2 Size:	135.0 KB ID:	304199

This is the new beer they are releasing for the competition.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	17884577_10154707920434671_3618722657057837230_n.jpg Views:	2 Size:	127.3 KB ID:	304200
    Click image for larger version  Name:	17862453_10154707920159671_1579094834263374352_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	59.2 KB ID:	304196

Click image for larger version  Name:	17884381_10154707919914671_8891085262308885948_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	304198
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Powersmoke_80; April 12, 2017, 09:12 PM.

Huskee Maybe we will see you there?

Comment

Hahahaha, I was looking at that picture and I was like, "You know what....... I think I took that picture!" Glad that it is going to good use. That graphic looks insanely good!! I love it. (Perhaps I should have put a Spinaker water mark on that one.......) Good luck at the Comp. We want pictures.
      Last edited by Spinaker; April 12, 2017, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
        Powersmoke_80 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha Ha, to late for the water mark but thanks, I thought it looked cool and saved it for a screen saver.

Best of luck, gents ... break a leg!

Comment

Hope you do well! Doubt I can make it, I'm babysitting the boys that day while the wife's away, but you never know...might need to do something fun.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
          Powersmoke_80 commented
          Editing a comment
          It said kids are welcome on the Facebook page.

Yeah!!!! Go team 🍻

Comment

Love the art! "Slow & Searious" is really good. Best of luck to you!

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
            Powersmoke_80 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks CandySueQ may not have the banner as resolution was not right and my sons girlfriend is out of town so only shirts,oh well it will still be a good time.

Are you using a Slow 'N Sear? (Slow ' N Searious)

Comment

• Juddlight
            Juddlight commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol yea 2 of em...and deans offset 👍

Juddlight Powersmoke_80 Niiiice!

Comment

"Polish Smoke" - how could it go wrong! Enjoy, and maybe throw some kielbasa on there for snacking.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
              Powersmoke_80 commented
              Editing a comment
              That is a fantastic idea EdF

• Juddlight
              Juddlight commented
              Editing a comment
              I gotta a jar of homade kraut too

Great artwork an' graphics!
            Wishin' y'all the Best in yer competition!!!!

Comment

Can't wait to bbq at a brewery...darkhorse is one of a kind 🍻

Comment

8% on the SMEACH, better go low and slow on that as well. Good luck!

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
                  Powersmoke_80 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, they make some good beers!

That picture looks awesome. You should win points on that alone. Might have to share the prize with Spinaker though.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
                  Powersmoke_80 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks,Well the banners not going to happen, On line it looked good for the template but when it was sent in they called back and said the resolution was not good enough to blow up. So on to plan B.

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bummer! That looked awesome! Powersmoke_80

Shirts are done. Juddlight

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3609.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.30 MB ID:	305281Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3610.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.91 MB ID:	305280
                Attached Files

Comment

• Juddlight
                  Juddlight commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah buddy!!....getting excited 🍻

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here