This is fantastic, Chris!! Keep up the great work.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
1st State BBQ Bash - The Adventure Continues
Collapse
X
-
Club Member
- Nov 2015
- 5343
- The Great State of Jefferson
-
24X40 Lone Star Grillz offset smoker
Weber Summit Charcoal Grill w/SnS and DnG (Spartacus)
20X36 Lonestar Grillz pellet pooper
SnS 18" Travel Kettle
SmokeDaddy Pro portable pellet pooper
2 W22's w/SnS, DnG (1 black, 1 copper) (Minions 1 and 2)
20+ y/o many times rebuilt Weber Genesis w/GrillGrates (Gas Passer)
20 x 30 Santa Maria grill (Maria, duh)
Bradley cabinet smoker (Pepper Gomez)
36" Blackstone griddle (The Black Beauty)
Fireboard
Thermoworks Smoke and Thermapen.
Gourmet dinnerware by PJ Enterprises
-
Congratulations on 1st and 2nd rib showings. Kathy and I had actually discussed driving up to Milford to visit you, but the Nor’Easter quickly squashed that idea. Maybe next time.
- Likes 1
Comment
-
Donw I do not blame you on not wanting to travel in that weather. It reminded me of my days in the Boy Scouts where I think I camped in the rain more than without rain.
I am planning to be there next year so hopefully the WX will be more favorable.
- 1 like
-
Club Member
- Nov 2017
- 8743
- Huntsville, Alabama
-
Jim Morris
Cookers- PBX (2026)
- Slow 'N Sear Deluxe Kamado (2021)
- Camp Chef FTG900 Flat Top Grill (2020)
- Weber Genesis II E-410 w/ GrillGrates (2019)
- Weber Performer Deluxe 22.5" w/ GrillGrates & Slow 'N Sear & Drip N Griddle & Vortex & Party Q & Rotisserie (2007)
- Thermoworks RFX System w/ 2 probes + Billows
- Thermoworks Smoke w/ Wifi Gateway
- Thermoworks Dot
- Thermoworks Thermapen ONE & Classic
- Thermoworks RT600C
- Whatever I brewed and have on tap! See it here: https://taplist.io/taplist-57685
- If not cooking outdoors, I am cooking on the stovetop with my 14" carbon steel wok, 12" CI skillet, or in the oven with my two Lodge CI pizza pans, or two dutch ovens. I've also got a nifty Lodge carbon steel grill pan that rocks for veggies outdoors.
Looks awesome! Congrats on placing on your first attempt at this!
I feel like it would be easier to make great ribs than to make great chicken. That said, do the judges give you any written feedback or comments on your entries, so that you know what you might need to change next time?
I really was tempted to do this 5-6 years back, but just got around to it.
- Likes 1
Comment
-
Club Member
- Jan 2016
- 875
- Formerly upstate NY, Now residing in Southern NH, Live Free or Die!
-
My current cookers include a Shirley Fabrication 24x36 patio model; Weber Performer with the Slow-n-Sear 2.0 & Drip & Griddle; Pit Boss Series 2 propane smoker & SnS Travel Kettle.
Straight Whiskey: I'm a bourbon guy. All time favorite Pappy Van Winkle 12 year. Standard go to Blantons
Blended Whiskey: James Oliver American Whiskey
I also enjoy an occasional cigar
Congratulations! It is fun reading these posts. I'm glad you are doing something you clearly enjoy and work hard at!
- Likes 2
Comment
-
Club Member
- Aug 2025
- 249
- Boise
-
Started smoking in Aug 2025. First smoker is a Weber Searwood. I purchased a ThermoWorks Smoke to get a more accurate temperature and the pro-series needle probe. I also have a Weber grilling basket, Weber grill brush, and the Grillart steambrush. I've tried all sorts of pellets and wood flavors and my family mainly likes the Traeger signature blend. I have a meat injector and shears for poultry.
I also recently purchased a new 2010 used Weber Kettle Performer. Just got a cover for it. I bought the ThermoWorks RFX with 1 wireless probe, the SnS and DnG to spruce up the grill. I have not cooked on it yet. I cut a hole and installed the ThermoWorks billows. I did buy 4 bags of the B&B charcoal briquettes.
All my cooking has been on the Searwood. I absolutely love cooking Pork Shoulder, chicken wings, chicken breasts and steak. I won first place in my church chili cookoff (I bragged to everyone about it) and I really enjoyed the chili (and I don't really like chili). I really enjoyed Moink balls. I like cooking ribs, chicken breasts, and chicken legs with white sauce.
I look forward to cooking pork burnt ends, smoked turkey for Thanksgiving, and maybe even a brisket.
I'm still trying to determine rubs my wife will really enjoy. I love the rubs from the website, but my wife just wants some rubs that will bring out the meat flavor so she can taste the meat. I'm seeking simple rubs for chicken breasts and steaks.
I love soda and especially Dr. Pepper. I don't drink alcohol.
I live near Boise, ID. I've been married for 25 years and I have 5 kids. I'm a second career dentist.
-
Club Member
- Jan 2022
- 2432
- Delawhere?
-
Weber Kettle 22 (SnS / Vortex/ Onlyfire Rotisserie/pizza kit combo)
PBC
Bronco Pro
Blackstone Dual Use
Thermopro TP20 (2 probe)
Thermopro TP27 (4 probe)
Thermopro TP19 instant read
strictly a briquettes guy…
Kingsford Blue Bag
B&B
Cowboy
Congrats on the great showing.
Sorry I wasn’t able to make it up to check things out. I was about 10 miles south of you in Broadkill Beach.
when I left tithe house to come up to Milford early Saturday afternoon, the road out of Broadkill was flooded, and I couldn’t get out.
I wish I had known things were still happening on Sunday.
Kudos to you and the rest of the teams for doing your thing in such nasty conditions. It looks like your setup helped to mitigate at least some of the wind
- Likes 2
Comment
-
Club Member
- Apr 2017
- 2277
- Fondy
-
SnS 22" kettle, 22" WSM with Pit Viper, 36" LSG pellet pooper
24" Blackstone griddle, 6 Gallon Cajun Fryer.
50K BTU wok burner.
Way to go!
I'm just curious, did you change anything about your ribs from day one to day two, or was it just different judges having different tastes?
- Likes 2
Comment
-
Club Member
- Dec 2015
- 4491
- Northeastern Oklahoma
-
Traeger BBQ124 (in storage)
Yoder YS480
No gas grill anymore
Weber kettle Premium 22"
Blackstone 36" griddle
Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 propane smoker
Super 55 drum smoker from Smokerbuilder.com
"The Duk" Ugly Duckling self-built 80-gallon insulated firebox backyard offset smoker
"Big Bertha" 320-gallon trailer mounted offset smoker (also self-built)
"The Bronco" 26x48 110-gallon trailer mounted offset smoker (currently for sale!)
Numerous electronic thermometers from Thermapro, Thermoworks and Fireboard.
Personal firearms, home theater, home computing/networking, car audio enthusiast. Smoker building.
Man, that is so awesome! Only your second comp and you're already qualified for the Royal??? Holy smokes, man! Way to go!
You are already kicking tail, and I have no doubt you're going to continue to improve and keep knocking it out of the park! Strong work!
- Likes 1
Comment
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.









Comment